FA-06 does not export sample tracks?!

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Biitzilla

FA-06 does not export sample tracks?!

Post by Biitzilla »

I tried to export my song as WAV but any track that has samples are not exported. When start exporting and song start to play no samples are played!

Is something wrong or is it just how Roland FA-06 does it? Quite disappointing that cannot use drum samples or anything with songs. I know most people use their DAW and that's not problem for them. But I would like to know solution for that problem if it exist.
stevel

Re: FA-06 does not export sample tracks?!

Post by stevel »

Hmm. I would think, if you export any sequence as a .wav or .mp3 file, *anything* making audio would be "mixed down" with it.

But it is Roland....

I'm not sure though as I've not tried it.

What you should be able to do though is record the sequence with the samples out of the audio jacks, and AFAIK, from the USB cable as well direct-to-DAW - either way, anything that's making sound at the time of playback is going to get recorded. You just have to do it in real-time.

That may be the only workaround if the internal "export" doesn't work.
Biitzilla

Re: FA-06 does not export sample tracks?!

Post by Biitzilla »

stevel wrote:Hmm. I would think, if you export any sequence as a .wav or .mp3 file, *anything* making audio would be "mixed down" with it.

But it is Roland....

I'm not sure though as I've not tried it.

What you should be able to do though is record the sequence with the samples out of the audio jacks, and AFAIK, from the USB cable as well direct-to-DAW - either way, anything that's making sound at the time of playback is going to get recorded. You just have to do it in real-time.

That may be the only workaround if the internal "export" doesn't work.
It is played real time and recorded to WAV file in memory card. Every MIDI track is recorder but PAD track where are samples played is not included to WAV.

On another web board I found already this is how Roland works. Cannot get PAD samples exported together with song into memory card.