Tones from Integra-7 Backups

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
corvax

Tones from Integra-7 Backups

Post by corvax »

Was looking for more supernatural tones than are posted in Axial and came across this site - http://www.bossus.com/support/knowledge_base/205492526
It says that "The FA-06/08 can import Tones from Integra-7 Backups or from Integra-7 sound sets on the Axial website."

Does anyone have and can share the Integra-7 Tones Backup file please? Or maybe you know a web site where these are posted.

I am looking for more natural instruments like vibes, flutes, brass, wind etc.
Gatorjohn

Re: Tones from Integra-7 Backups

Post by Gatorjohn »

Here is the Integra site @ Roland:

https://www.roland.com/us/products/integra-7/downloads/

Did you check the Integra forum here or the Roland knowledge base?
stevel

Post by stevel »

Hmmm, I'm not sure.

I think what this means is if someone backs up their Integra 7's internal memory, then someone could load those sounds into an FA-06/08?

That would be interesting.

Otherwise, the only way to get sounds from the Integra is through Axial and then only the stuff they have there.

The EXP 10 collection is a good smattering of Orchestral instruments which is IMHO much better (and diverse) than what the FA comes with.

I have EXP 2 and EXP 10 loaded into mine (and you can only load a total of 2 EXP packs in at any given time).

IMHO, I'm not really *so* blown away by the SuperNatural sounds that I feel the standard PCM sounds (which is what the EXP packs contain) are that much worse. In fact, a "Supernatural Synth" sound is a bit of an oxymoron to me!

I have Synth Legends Pure from Axial (so for Integra) and those are additional Supernatural Synth sounds.

That's 128 User Slots filled with these presets. Apparently (I've asked here) the SLP and Synth Legends are the same except the latter has effects added to many/most patches. The other collections are supposedly all contained within either SLP or SL.

There are, for example, 11 Tones in the Integra D-50 collection, and with my SLP set there are 10.

I haven't checked all the others, but there are probably most or all of the other classic synth sets included in the SL sets.

What i don't see at Axial is other SN sets for Integra such as Brass, Winds, Strings - it all appears to be Synth stuff (SN-S). You'd need SuperNatural Acoustic (SN-A) for those things.

I'm not sure the FA's stucture supports those things though. The SN-S for SLP may just use internal voicings rather than "loading in" any kind of additional modelled sounds. So SN-A Brass might not be possible on the FA:

If you look closely, you'll realize that there are probably 10 sounds in the FA, and everything else is just a variation of it and/or has effects added (I exaggerate, but not by much!).

So while the Electric Pianos and Strings are slightly different, they are in fact all variations of the same basic sound model - not separate ones. This tells me they're "built in" and it may not be possible to add more - though it would be cool if you could!!!

I would say go over to the Integra page on this forum and ask - maybe someone will be willing to email you a file of their backups and you could try to load in a Brass or Wind sound, etc.

otherwise, EXP 10 is your best bet.

Steve
stevel

Post by stevel »

Corvax, I got interested myself so I asked over on the Integra forum.

However, I'm now beginning to think it's entirely possible.

See this:

http://www.jp-80.com/fa/fa.html

If you read the first two it says they were created on the Integra-7, but one says "should work" on the FA and the other implies there should be no problems at all (but always backup first!).

Now I will say it still appears these are all synth (SN-S) sounds, so it remains to be seen if something like a Trumpet or Flute sound from the Integra's SN-A banks could be used in the FA. Hopefully someone there will know.

Here's the question I asked:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=53403

Best,
Steve
corvax

Post by corvax »

Steve :-)
I did the same just before I read your response here.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=53405
these guys will probably be mad at us :-))))

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try it now.

Cheers
o.durmusoglu

Post by o.durmusoglu »

stevel wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure.

I think what this means is if someone backs up their Integra 7's internal memory, then someone could load those sounds into an FA-06/08?

That would be interesting.

Otherwise, the only way to get sounds from the Integra is through Axial and then only the stuff they have there.

The EXP 10 collection is a good smattering of Orchestral instruments which is IMHO much better (and diverse) than what the FA comes with.

I have EXP 2 and EXP 10 loaded into mine (and you can only load a total of 2 EXP packs in at any given time).

IMHO, I'm not really *so* blown away by the SuperNatural sounds that I feel the standard PCM sounds (which is what the EXP packs contain) are that much worse. In fact, a "Supernatural Synth" sound is a bit of an oxymoron to me!

I have Synth Legends Pure from Axial (so for Integra) and those are additional Supernatural Synth sounds.

That's 128 User Slots filled with these presets. Apparently (I've asked here) the SLP and Synth Legends are the same except the latter has effects added to many/most patches. The other collections are supposedly all contained within either SLP or SL.

There are, for example, 11 Tones in the Integra D-50 collection, and with my SLP set there are 10.

I haven't checked all the others, but there are probably most or all of the other classic synth sets included in the SL sets.

What i don't see at Axial is other SN sets for Integra such as Brass, Winds, Strings - it all appears to be Synth stuff (SN-S). You'd need SuperNatural Acoustic (SN-A) for those things.

I'm not sure the FA's stucture supports those things though. The SN-S for SLP may just use internal voicings rather than "loading in" any kind of additional modelled sounds. So SN-A Brass might not be possible on the FA:

If you look closely, you'll realize that there are probably 10 sounds in the FA, and everything else is just a variation of it and/or has effects added (I exaggerate, but not by much!).

So while the Electric Pianos and Strings are slightly different, they are in fact all variations of the same basic sound model - not separate ones. This tells me they're "built in" and it may not be possible to add more - though it would be cool if you could!!!

I would say go over to the Integra page on this forum and ask - maybe someone will be willing to email you a file of their backups and you could try to load in a Brass or Wind sound, etc.

otherwise, EXP 10 is your best bet.

Steve
It could have been perfect. Hundreds of thousands of new tones. We need someone exported internal sounds to share.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

It is not possible with real success. Please look at the older threads.
I was fiddeling around with device id's and so on. This is step inside Rolands file structure.
At the end I gave up.

But the Tones from Axial might be prepared from factory to run on FA devices.

I am willing to learn more if someone have success with tone/studioset imports. Would be great.

Remember that FA only has SN-D, SN-A and SN-S engines. No brass, string, wood etc.
stevel

Post by stevel »

bennyseven wrote:
Remember that FA only has SN-D, SN-A and SN-S engines. No brass, string, wood etc.
Benny, I thought that too - so a Trumpet would be "SuperNatural Brass", not SN-A for example, correct?