Patch Listings for FA-06/08 & Pro Tools users (midnam file)

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
joehosefat

Patch Listings for FA-06/08 & Pro Tools users (midnam file)

Post by joehosefat »

Aloha, been a while since I've been on this forum, but searching for a MIDNAM patch document for the FA-06/08 that works in Pro Tools and finding only files specific to other DAWs inspired me to create an XML file for Pro Tools. For Mac users, the MIDNAM files for Roland devices reside in ~/Library/Audio/MIDI Patch Names/Avid/Roland (don't use the Windows version, but I'm sure the location is specified in the documentation). You will also need to ensure you have a MIDDEV file for your devices - Avid provides a default one, but you would need this to specify DeviceID numbers in the MIDDEV files for the Roland items (this used to be in the AudioMidi setup app, but I'm not seeing where you specify device IDs in this app under Sierra). If DeviceID numbers are not assigned and conflict (either in your config on the Mac or on the devices themselves), you will have unexpected program changes occurring on unexpected devices - the DeviceID keeps them separate so you can transmit 16 channels on each device without crosstalk.

I believe both XML files (MIDNAM and MIDDEV) are needed for the patch names document to work in Pro Tools (did for me).

The forum does not allow me to post the file with the correct ".midnam" extension - I've changed it to ".txt" for this upload - you would need to change it back to use it.

I also have the same docs for the Fantom-G, which I had posted a loooong time ago - post if I need to share this again also.

Post if you have questions and enjoy!
Attachments
Roland FA-06 08.txt
(289.14 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
rayshek

Re: Patch Listings for FA-06/08 & Pro Tools users (midnam fi

Post by rayshek »

I have been looking for Fantom G Midnam files for a long time. Would you please share this file?
I have Roland Integra-7 midnam file later, I will post it here.
Attachments
Roland integra-7 DP.zip
(590.34 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Daubenspeck

Post by Daubenspeck »

I downloaded the midnam file for FA series, it is for Pos Tools, but I need it for Digital Performer. Does anybody know what part of the file needs to be changed to make it work with DP. Thanks!
88KeysBW

Post by 88KeysBW »

I was very happy to find this original post! Thank you!

My biggest question is did you create this manually or did you use a utility?
If you used a utility (or a combination of apps), could you please share which one(s) they are and how you used them?

I've been playing with SysEx dumps from my keyboards:
Roland FA-08
Korg Krome

I can export the patch names to .syx files, but I can't seem to find an application to help translate the hex data into a format that I can use to create .midinam files.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!