Pitch changing in Studio Sets Help!!!

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Stew77

Pitch changing in Studio Sets Help!!!

Post by Stew77 »

Hi all,

Need a bit of help please.....I'm simply trying to change the pitch of 2 sounds in a studio set. I'm using PRST 51 (OSC Sync Cycle) and I've learnt a song and solo in the original key but we had to pitch it up 4 semitones as our singer struggled in the original key....so anyway, going into tone edit and pro edit I've figured out how to change the pitch but when I save it as a studio set and then try and play it all the pitches have gone back to 0.

It's driving me mad!! On my Korg its easy to change the pitch and save the combination - I thought Rolands Studio Sets was the Roland equivalent of Korgs Combis?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

BTW does anyone know how to stop a sample if the wrong one is triggered by mistake? If I have a sample that is, say 1 minutes long and I press it in error how do I stop it before the whole minute sample plays out?

Thanks!!!!!

Stewart
Joe P

Re: Pitch changing in Studio Sets Help!!!

Post by Joe P »

Stewart,

I'm not at the keyboard right now, but by memory, to change the pitch of a single part in a studio set, go to Part View (this option appears in lower left of screen by pressing the shift key, then press the numbered button below it corresponding to Part View). Scroll across the top categories in white until you get to Pitch, and "coarse" I believe is what you are looking for.

Change the pitch, then press exit and save the studio set.

What you were doing was editing the tone and then saving the studio set. If you want to change the pitch of that tone and use it in other studio sets, you have save the tone in a user bank. In the method I described, you are changing the pitch of the part in the studio set. So any tone you stick in that part will pitched up.

Make sense? :-)

Good luck!

Joe
Stew77

Post by Stew77 »

Thanks Joe that makes sense. Appreciate the help!
Gatorjohn

Post by Gatorjohn »

Pushing the hold button 4 times should cancel the sample play.