TFX control with pedal

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
dezvipe

TFX control with pedal

Post by dezvipe »

Hello folks.

I'm quite new to synths, so apologies if this is a dumb question.

Anyway, I have the FA-06. If I choose a TFX with the TFX Select knob, is it possible to control the amount of TFX like you normally would do with the "TFX CTRL" knob, with the pedal?

Basically; is it possible to have the pedal do what the "TFX CTRL" does? In the Control Pedal Assign menu I can't find it.

Thanks,
Daniel
stevel

Re: TFX control with pedal

Post by stevel »

dezvipe wrote:Hello folks.

I'm quite new to synths, so apologies if this is a dumb question.

Anyway, I have the FA-06. If I choose a TFX with the TFX Select knob, is it possible to control the amount of TFX like you normally would do with the "TFX CTRL" knob, with the pedal?

Basically; is it possible to have the pedal do what the "TFX CTRL" does? In the Control Pedal Assign menu I can't find it.

Thanks,
Daniel

I don't think so.

The pedal menu only gives you the CC# up through the 90s, and maybe bend up, bend down, and aftertouch.

But it doesn't let you control a TFX parameter.

It seems you can only assign them to the Sound Modify knobs.

I think you could do it with the steps I outlined here:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=53029

But you can only do it with MFX because there's an "MFX Control" tab that lets you assign an unused CC# (like CC3) that you could also assign to the Pedal.

MFX works on a part by part basis. so in theory if you could set Tremolo Speed on a patch that uses MFX Tremolo to CC3, you should be able to control just that parameter.

HTH.