PCM tone edit?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Figment-Shape

PCM tone edit?

Post by Figment-Shape »

I have seen/read about editing the SN tones, but is it possible to edit any of the PCM tones? I do not have an FA, so i just wanted to know how limited editing/creating patches is. Thanks!
RoFa08

Re: PCM tone edit?

Post by RoFa08 »

Yes, you can. PCM tone edit, you get full editing parameters like an XV5080
Figment-Shape

Post by Figment-Shape »

Thanks!
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

You can also edit the SN-D (Supernatural drum) and PCM-D (PCM Drum) tones/patches too, creating your own drum kits at different pitches/effects etc.

It's only the non synth supernatural sounds that are more limited (i.e. piano, guitar etc.), everything else is very deep, in fact sometimes i prefer the PCM edit as you get 4 partials/voices per part, just like the XV5080/Fantom/Juno G etc. And there's also a few different different options in there compared to SN-S.
PugFace

Post by PugFace »

Yeah the PCM tones are utterly wonderful for pads. In fact the most powerful in every possible way.

4 completely seperate synths in one patch! mod matrix, step sequencer LFO like a arturia beat step. Its awesome.
Figment-Shape

Post by Figment-Shape »

Glad I asked here, someone told me every no supernatural sound could not really be changed, or int? I asked them if this was true, not sure why anyone would spend good money on a WS/synth that dose not have these important features. Should be fun to dig in and stack/layer sounds, thanks!