FA-06 as 2nd tier utility board to RD-800

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
ElevenPhingahz

FA-06 as 2nd tier utility board to RD-800

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

I find this combination can cover pretty much anything in pretty much any music environment. The RD-800 covers AP & EP duties masterfully with the PHA4 action, it's my favorite KB action out there (and I've owned several of the big dogs, this beast just has better bite behind its bark) of course it's subjective.
But I digress, the subject here is the FA-06 as a 2nd tier board... it covers organ, brass, strings,ect. you get the idea, the pads can bring samples into the fray and of course sequencer rocks!! Will it replace a dedicated organ clone, no... but I've added the Ocean Beach Digital DB unit so it has drawbars (for gigs that demand that purist organ sound I have a NE5) . The other meat & potatoes sounds are great & high quality, once again all subjective gang.
Not my choice to cover a whole gig (but in a tight pinch the lightweight FA will hold it's own) I think it's an excellent compliment to the RD-800.
Joe P

Re: FA-06 as 2nd tier utility board to RD-800

Post by Joe P »

You are no doubt right, Eleven, even though I haven't played either board!

Put a Vent on the FA06 and maybe you can even sell your Nord! :-)

Forgive me if you have heard this, but in a Studio Set you can send the organ to the sub out, then to the Vent, and then back into the audio-in as an effects loop. There is good raw organ tone in the FA.

Regards,
Joe
ElevenPhingahz

Re: FA-06 as 2nd tier utility board to RD-800

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

Hi Joe,
I actually had a Neo Vent 2 with the FA-06 & it sounded awesome, but at gigs it was "one more thing to set up & tear down" in the heated exit after the gig. While the NV2 definitely augmented the organ I really didn't need that on most gigs, just some. But yeah I ran it sub.