New System Program 2.0

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
jur451c

Re: New System Program 2.0

Post by jur451c »

Regarding the switch groups, has anyone worked out how to change the switch groups from a midi controller like, say, a midi pedalboard?
This would be great for live work....
GCFKeys

Post by GCFKeys »

billw wrote:I see Roland just dropped a whole bunch of new FA support videos on Youtube. If only this thing could multisample, I'd buy two of them! Maybe in OS 2.1????
You mean something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF56WLts-QM&app=desktop
billw

Post by billw »

GCFKeys wrote:
billw wrote:I see Roland just dropped a whole bunch of new FA support videos on Youtube. If only this thing could multisample, I'd buy two of them! Maybe in OS 2.1????
You mean something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF56WLts-QM&app=desktop

I believe that's 61 (or more) individual samples assigned to the pads with the keyboard playing the pad part - not truly multisampling.
darkknight

Post by darkknight »

Gatorjohn wrote:Well, you can change favorites either up or down with a pedal - so if you're organized...
i not need to switch trought favorite but trought kbd groups.
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

Hey darkknight,

Unfortunately that's not possible with the current system. You can set the PEDAL1 and PEDAL2 for switching up and down through Studio Sets or Favourite Banks only, but not in keyboard switch groups. It would be nice for sure and who knows, maybe one day, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

If you don't need the seamless switching of keyboard grounds then set up some favourites and switch between them!

Cheers and Merry Christmas!