Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Gatorjohn

EXP-11??

Post by Gatorjohn »

New expansion pack coming, wonder when?
Skijumptoes

Re: EXP-11??

Post by Skijumptoes »

Interesting "EXP-11 Analog / Digital Vintage Synth Collection" and it says 'newly released'.

So where is it?! :)

From hungarian site (But not the US strangely):-

Extend the collection of sounds from the Roland Axial voice library with free download voices

The FA sound generator is perfectly compatible with the ever-expanding INTEGRA-7 synthetic Patch collection that can be downloaded free of charge from the Roland Axial voice library. Additionally, you can extend your built-in sound kit, including free EXP waveform expansion collections, which can also be downloaded from the Axial website. At present, eleven great selections are available, including the newly released EXP-11 Analog / Digital Vintage Synth Collection.
RoFa08

Post by RoFa08 »

Nothing on arial site...
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

This would be good news if it's happening. In theory, there's nothing to stop the FA having more EXP packs, it's just loading waveforms and tone presets after all. Vintage synths were well covered in the EXP-02 Keys pack, so I'm wondering what this mysterious new pack will contain, maybe an expanded PCM version of the Supernatural Synth Legends, or something based on the boutique/cloud range - SH-2, JX3P etc.

Whatever happens, with the FA-07, firmware upgrade and possible new expansions, it's good to know that Roland aren't deserting the FA like they did with the Fantom G
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

I'm hoping for boutique/cloud type sounds in EXP-11 must admit, ok, so they've all be done before, but the thought of some new waveforms to toy around with excites me. :)
stevel

Post by stevel »

Wow - really - it so, I'd be that much more ecstatic!

I'd prefer more Integra ones I could load into user slots - and this kind of set would be a nice addition to Synth Legends Pure for me.

But since you can only load in 2 at a time I tend to keep my Keyboard and Orchestral expansion packs loaded most of the time since I need the orchestral ones in the studio more.

But since you can swap them at will, it's easy enough to download them and have them available if you want to swap some out.

Still you need pre-designated Bank and Program numbers for these - I wonder if those were already built into the 2.0 update. Hmmm...
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

stevel wrote:Still you need pre-designated Bank and Program numbers for these - I wonder if those were already built into the 2.0 update. Hmmm...
Nah, because the bank is either EX01 or EX02 (Not USER or PRST), and the program numbers are unique for each, so no pre-designated slots needed, each Expansion has it's own eco system, if that's the correct term! :)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

There is definitely another expansion pack coming, but only one. In the PCM tone edit screen, the section where you select which bank of waveforms you will use (INT-A, INT-B & the EXP packs) used to have 12 slots up until the V. 2.0 update. Two for the internal banks, and ten for the expansions. There are now thirteen slots, so there is room for one more expansion pack. Hopefully that will be up on Axial soon.
kevin8228

Post by kevin8228 »

Its quite simple what we want and that is the software program that Roland uses to create these EXP bin files.
We would then be able to load all 12 EXP and create our own custom ones.

Come on Roland.....
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

Yes, that would be really nice if we could make our own choice of sounds from the EXP packs!
stevel

Post by stevel »

Skijumptoes wrote:
stevel wrote:Still you need pre-designated Bank and Program numbers for these - I wonder if those were already built into the 2.0 update. Hmmm...
Nah, because the bank is either EX01 or EX02 (Not USER or PRST), and the program numbers are unique for each, so no pre-designated slots needed, each Expansion has it's own eco system, if that's the correct term! :)
At first I thought you were right, but I think each has unique MSB/LSB/PC numbering - which makes sense about what another poster above (after yours) said about there being more slots now...
cello

Post by cello »

Lunar wrote:There is definitely another expansion pack coming, but only one. In the PCM tone edit screen, the section where you select which bank of waveforms you will use (INT-A, INT-B & the EXP packs) used to have 12 slots up until the V. 2.0 update. Two for the internal banks, and ten for the expansions. There are now thirteen slots, so there is room for one more expansion pack. Hopefully that will be up on Axial soon.
This is interesting - I can't find a 13th slot; could you guide me to what you're seeing?
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

OH crikey, i see - i've never noticed that before, probably as i'm usually running EXP-1 and -2 so i've presumed that just referred to 'whatever' was in slot 1 or 2. i.e. EX01 = Slot 1 and EX02 = Slot 2, but it's not the case at all.

Just loaded up EXP-10 and EXP-06 as a test, and sure enough EX10 and EX06 show instead of EX01 and EX02.

Ok, that screws up the whole custom EXP expansions being a possibility then, even if someone hacked a way around it then there's obviously some pre-assumed mapping isn't there.

I guess this follows how the integra must map to those EXP expansions as they all need unique mapping in the system.

Sorry to mislead!
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

cello wrote: This is interesting - I can't find a 13th slot; could you guide me to what you're seeing?
Set your pads to Numeric mode.

Then If you go to any PCM-S patch, then Menu > Tone Edit.

Then press enter on the wave group, you can scroll through a list of wave groups (2x Internals, then the 11 EXP slots. Typing 12 on the pads will take you to last one (EXP-11) and it's the 13th entry.
Escaperocks

Post by Escaperocks »

Skijumptoes wrote:
cello wrote:
Lunar wrote: This is interesting - I can't find a 13th slot; could you guide me to what you're seeing?
Set your pads to Numeric mode.

Then If you go to any PCM-S patch, then Menu > Tone Edit.

Then press enter on the wave group, you can scroll through a list of wave groups (2x Internals, then the 11 EXP slots. Typing 12 on the pads will take you to last one (EXP-11) and it's the 13th entry.
Sorry to be dense here.....

Does this mean I can have all EXP in my machine, even though only two can be active at a time?