More tnah 4 pad banks?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
rusnakaa

More tnah 4 pad banks?

Post by rusnakaa »

Hi there.
I use my Roland Fa to play tracks. But 4 banks are not enough to me. Is there any way to use another 4 banks and fast swith between first 4 and second 4 banks?
Thanks!
Skijumptoes

Re: More tnah 4 pad banks?

Post by Skijumptoes »

The 4 banks automatically save into the song files, so just create a new song, and fill it with your second bank of 4.

Then to go between them just press song select button, pick the song with the bank you want, load, and confirm with ok.
stevel

Post by stevel »

Another way to look at this that might be helpful:

You can have 64 total sampled sounds PER SONG (16 pads x 4 banks).

You can also "play" (trigger) the samples on your pads from the keyboard (by default it's set to Part/Channel 16).

If you now your notes well, you could trigger from the keyboard and get from sample 1 to sample 17 much quicker than shifting banks. I also think, IIRC, you can play samples from different banks at the same time, rather than being limited to the 16 you have in any one bank.

So usually, from the pads, you can play, say, samples 1, 7, 10 and 15 at the same time if you want. If you want sample 17 or higher, you'd have to switch to a new bank. Not sure if sample 1 is playing in bank A if you can switch to bank B while that's still sounding and play a new sample from that Bank.

But with the keyboard it might not only be possible, but far easier to do so. And you can definitely move from a sample in one bank to a sample in another much more quickly.

So you get those 64 samples PER SONG.

When you load up another song, you can get another set of 64 samples.

I believe it's dependent on how much memory is on your SD Card (and it may be that 32gb is the recommended size IIRC).

As Skijumptoes says, you could jump from a group of 64 to another group of 64 (4 banks of 16 each) or you could save your songs as sets of 16 only, so you could load up a set of 16, then load another song and set of 16 all while staying on bank 1 - this way you could "jump around" a lot easier than trying to get to "song 5, bank 3" you'd just go to "song 15 or whatever to get that set of 16.
rusnakaa

Post by rusnakaa »

Thanks a lot! It's just i need!
SimonJan

Post by SimonJan »

I have Roland Fantom 06 and I'm struggling with this four banks as well. I thought it's 4 banks per song or scene but no, it's only 4 banks for all my entire production. Am I missing something? Please help
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

SimonJan wrote: 00:23, 22 August 2022 I have Roland Fantom 06 and I'm struggling with this four banks as well. I thought it's 4 banks per song or scene but no, it's only 4 banks for all my entire production. Am I missing something? Please help
Yes, probably that this is the Roland FA-06/07/08 forum? ;-)