2.1 (or 2.5, or 3.0) Update Wish List!

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
hdunion

Re: 2.1 (or 2.5, or 3.0) Update Wish List!

Post by hdunion »

I would love to see the ability to use to pad modes simultaneously the 2.0 update lets you use the buttons as pads but it would be nice to have the sample pads be used for samples and the buttons be used for switch groups
Radon_22

Post by Radon_22 »

Realtime mixing using the knobs, like the Fantom X/G. It was unbelievably useful for live play.
Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

Hi there, I've just had an Fao8 delivered and I asked the retailer to download the new version before sending to me. How can I check the new version is on the keyboard? Apologies if this is a silly question?
BlakeL50

Post by BlakeL50 »

Press the Menu button then navigate to System, and scroll all the way right to the information tab. It should have system version displayed at the top as well as any installed expansion slots.
Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

Thanks very much for your reply. It is the new version, I just need now to find my way around it! I have been playing a Yamaha MOX8 for years which at the moment I am sort of missing as I feel it had a much broader range of sounds than the FA08. I hope when I get round to loading some of the axial sounds this will solve my problem.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Remember to cursor left and right through the patch categories, the quick category select buttons under the screen are not all the sound groups that it carries.
frank123

Post by frank123 »

Hi,

a library oder SDK for accessing the FA via PC would be great. So we can write our own librarian or editor software. IMHO It is a big disadvantage that there is no _easy_ way to share tones and studio sets.

Frank
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

hdunion wrote:I would love to see the ability to use to pad modes simultaneously the 2.0 update lets you use the buttons as pads but it would be nice to have the sample pads be used for samples and the buttons be used for switch groups
There's a workaround to kind of make this work as long as you're not looking for something fancy :-)

If you have samples assigned to pads they can still be played from the keyboard with one of the studio set tracks set to pad mode (so on a split) and then the actual pads can be set to switch groups :D

Alan.
lipi

Post by lipi »

frank123 wrote:Hi,

a library oder SDK for accessing the FA via PC would be great. So we can write our own librarian or editor software. IMHO It is a big disadvantage that there is no _easy_ way to share tones and studio sets.

Frank
One more thumb up! :)

There is one more "feature" what is really can extend the possibilities:
Let's changeable the drum set to a tone for the rhytm patterns!

May a Preview function for the SMF import functions is also been very usable...
Joe P

Post by Joe P »

I would love to be able to assign rotary speed to the bender and have it latch. My RD-700 did this. It's in the perfect spot for a Leslie speed switch.
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

Joe, what do you mean? You can assign rotary speed to the bender, pushing it up. Or would you want to assign it to the left and right movement of the bender? I have my rotary speed both to the bender (up) and switch S1. If I need the rotary speed up for a short moment, I use the bender and if I need it for a while I push the S1 button (which I have latched of course).
Joe P

Post by Joe P »

Paul,

Yes I mean using the bender to latch. I went around with Roland help and they were very responsive, but the result was I can't assign rotary to the bender and make it latch and I can't make the mod lever latch for rotary.

If there is a way to latch the mod lever for rotary, I would love to hear it because ergonomically that would be pretty close. I realize a pedal is an option too, but I am used to using my left hand for Leslie speed.

I would love to hear different, because I use S1 too and when you are used to a Leslie style speed switch, S1 kind of sucks! :-)

Regards,
Joe
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

You are right Joe.
Also: I never liked the Roland pitchbender combo with modulation lever thingy. I want to have two mod wheels: one for pitch bend which comes back in neutral when you let it go and one mod wheel that stays in the position where you leave it: down=rotary slow, mid=rotary off, up=rotary fast. I never understood Roland thoughts about this pitchbend lever. It actually has been a reason for me to not buy the FA-06, but there is simply no alternative in this price range!
So I have learned to live with the Roland system. And to be honest: to my surprise I did manage to learn to live with it. Pushing the S1 button is (almost...!) as easy and quick as using a mod wheel.

Maybe if there will be a future update, Roland will add the latch function to the pitch bend.
SynMike

Post by SynMike »

I wish the current blinking pad would blink in time with the current tempo clock.
SynMike

Post by SynMike »

I wish the Rotary effect would work properly in mono. It sounds good in stereo (basically the same as my VR-09) but terrible in mono. (The VR-09 sounds good in mono).