2.1 (or 2.5, or 3.0) Update Wish List!

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
scramble

Re: 2.1 (or 2.5, or 3.0) Update Wish List!

Post by scramble »

Brilliant! You are a hero.

I swear I did read the manual! But it's in the section on recording samples, rather than the section on the pads, and I must have skimmed that section because I never record samples on the keyboard itself.

Anyway, that will make life easier. Thank you. (And another tick for the FA, replacing a cross.)
MrGrimm73

Post by MrGrimm73 »

Skijumptoes wrote:Would love to see the above.

But two big improvements for me would be:-

1. Single samples - spread across the keyboard (probably never will happen, but you can hope!).

2. Ability to Zoom out (Horizontally) on the sequencer timeline. (Wide view mode etc.)

And some other less important additions which i'd like:-

3. More pad modes, i.e:-
a. Love the MFX idea above, so definitely that
b. Custom arp (Where the 16 pads represents arp steps)
c. Song position markers

4. And as it's probably easy to implement, a 'random' SN-S menu option, where it will 'throw a dice' and randomly create SN-S patches, i think that could be great fun and quite unique compared to other workstations out there.

5. Volume control on the Rhythm/drum pattern screen.
Not to be rude or anything, (not being sarcastic), but;
Am I the only person that misses the Fantom XA and how you could use the pads to control the rhythm groups...and also using them as triggers...and mapping single drum key hits to them WITHOUT having to re-sample the kit sound for sound...and programming the rhythm patterns themselves was an ease because the pads counted as keys... I LOVE THE FA 08 ... but Holy wow am I glad i didn't sell my Fantom XA...Had her since 2005; she's old and getting on in years lol.

Just please ROLAND! Make the pads have a mode to allow us to control rhythm groups again... wth, go all out and let us assign just the rhythm patters themselves to (a) pad(s) would be even more-awesome at this point!

AND, option 3b & #2 from the above list is an absolute MUST :) Love those ideas!

Okay that's my gripe, lol

Thank you and have a great day!
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

All I want is for all the bugs to be fixed. And for external midi control to be the same as internal midi control. It's ridiculous how many menus do nothing on this thing because the midi is "internal"... I cannot understand how they can say they implemented a MKB function if they don't have the basic midi support. MKB of itself, sure, but that does not make it a main rig MKB. Damn cheeky advertising by roland...

If I would push for another function, would be simple programmability of the pads. This would allow note commands, CC value changes, etc. That's like basic stuff for pads, and if the FA is the flagship it should be there, like it was for the last 20 years on pads on the predecessors!

All becomes a bit depressing when a cheapo Korg electribe is a better MKB and has better pad support than the FA... hmmm... I guess the focus on the FA was sounds rather than function - an oversized cheaper Integra 7...
dirwin

Post by dirwin »

A quick play feature of SMF's so you don't have to load each song in the sequencer before playing. I use mine in duo's and load time although is quick still takes time. It would be a bonus if a play list or set list could be created for shows.
RoDi

Post by RoDi »

1. Control of IFX parameters with MIDI. The [VK-Rotary] is very nice, but you can not assign slow/fast to any Midi-CC.
2. SN-Organ: Make percussion on/off a variation of the sound, so it can be switched on the fly, e.g. with S1
FreeEagle

Post by FreeEagle »

Hi Firends,

Oriental users face big issues using this Keyboard while using the transpose feature. I reported this Issue to Roland and they confirmed it . I reported this Problem/Software lack of feature on this Board before. I would be awsome and very praktical if Roland will solve this Issue with next Software Update.

This is the Issue that i am talking about:

Sorry for my bad English.

Hi Friends!

There is an ugly bug(Bad Engineering) with the software of Roland FA-06/07/08 . Whenever I try to use the Arabic (temper) scale (1/4) tone and then try to transpose to +1 or +2 , -1,-2 ....etc the keyboard start playing wrong notes. It does not transpose correctly. Please try it yourself and you find how annoying this thing. I can not even play

The Roland Fa-06 keep transpose 1/2 step , even if I switch to Arabic/oriental Scale, which is wrong, and lead to wrong playing and confusing.

Can anyone tell Roland to fix this please?

Best Regards,
FreeEagle
neomad

Post by neomad »

1 setlist function: it's a nightmare to program studio sets without...
2 editor pc/mac/ipad : please, being the integra7 the father of FA... how difficult is it?
Maarkr

Post by Maarkr »

1. YES, a PC editor

2. don't know if it's possible or can be done already since I just got my FA recently and am learning it, but other synths I've used had a phrase recorder where u could record a short riff or import a midi riff and assign it to the current stage setting and open/play it during a performance.
Rupertt

Post by Rupertt »

shift + pad mode.
Right now i use the pads mainly to switch the keyboard on/off for each part.
I would like to use shift + pad for muting parts
dimapet

Post by dimapet »

VST Editor, integrable in DAW, this is what is missing in the FA series.
RoFa08

Post by RoFa08 »

. iOS/iPad editor (like Jupiter80) for both Supernatural and PCM sound engine
.. SetList function for Studio Set
... Chorus/Vibrato for Supernatural Acoustic Organ Hammond emulation
.... 16 MFX routing flexibility (2 or more MFX per Tone part, If you don't use all 16 Tone parts)
techie

Post by techie »

My major wish is the improved sampler section.

Back in 2014 this board user BuddhaPi listed all the shortcomings of sampler - 3 years passed and I personally have no beliefs that Roland will change something, but still :
Here are some limitations of the FA sampler in case anyone is wondering:
No playing a single sample pitched across multiple keys
No sample MFX
No resampling of the sampler (aka no way to resample an existing sample with FX to a new pad)
No sampling for xx beats/bars or xx seconds
Limit of 4 samples played simultaneously
No reverb/chorus/delay sends for samples (though can sample mic with permanent reverb or delay)
TFX can be applied to samples but this is applied globally
No sample envelopes
No sample panning
No sample filter
No sample realtime controls
Minimal sample editing (Only start, end, truncate, gate on/off, loop on/off and a few others)
No sample normalize
No sub-folders when importing user samples. Limited to the IMPORT folder.
Limit of 300 files in the IMPORT folder
No preview of samples before importing
(Added) Unable to export a sequenced sample track "stem" or as part of the full mix. This means there's no way currently to get a sampled track file out of the FA without soloing it and recording it directly into a DAW.
From his list my major pain points are
1) No playing a single sample pitched across multiple keys
2) No sub-folders when importing user samples. Limited to the IMPORT folder.
3) Limit of 300 files in the IMPORT folder
4) No preview of samples before importing
AnalogHero

Post by AnalogHero »

A few things from the list above would be awesome, but i also doubt there will be changes, since korg just realeased the kross 2 with almost the same sampling specs as the fa.

So no need for roland to be competetive.
RoDi

Post by RoDi »

Sequencer: Use the pads to set and recall markers within a song. Setting several (different) loops would also be nice for flexible backing with a sequenced song.

Drum patterns: Allow automatic chaining of patterns. When pressing a fill pattern it should automatically proceed to the next verse, similar to what is already implemented going from intro to the next subsequent pattern. In pattern edit it should be possible to set a 'follower'.

RoDi
pianoman41

Post by pianoman41 »

Being able to, at a minimum, sort/scroll Songs alphabetically instead of numerically (like it was on the Fantom X series). Preferably, being able to sort/scroll through Studio Sets alphabetically instead of numerically. Or give us a PC librarian so I can manually edit the order on the PC and then upload them all again. That's a little more cumbersome but I'll take it.