2.1 (or 2.5, or 3.0) Update Wish List!

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
stevel

Re: 2.1 (or 2.5, or 3.0) Update Wish List!

Post by stevel »

Joe P wrote:
I would love to hear different, because I use S1 too and when you are used to a Leslie style speed switch, S1 kind of sucks! :-)

Regards,
Joe
Joe, I think this is all you can do becuase it's the only thing with a latch option.

You need a controller with a separate mod wheel!
blusprite

Post by blusprite »

Several things I'd like to see improved in the next firmware version:

1. There is a nasty bug that would be good if fixed: If a Roland EV-5 expression pedal is assigned to control expression of one or several parts and is operated, upon switching to another part, or upon switching the part off via the pad buttons, the expression value of the said part is reset to 100 while it's still sounding (the Tone Remain function keeps the sound on but the expression goes up back to 100). The same happens to other parameters if controlled by the expression pedal as well. Some parameters, however, don't reset to 100 but to the value that has been manually set and saved in the tone or studio set properties. Note that the issue does not occur if the Sound Modify knobs are used, only the expression pedal.

2. It would be GREAT if the studio set parameters like part level, octave shift and key range can be edited/saved on a Keyboard Switch Group level instead of studio set/part level. For example, let's say I have Keyboard Switch Group 1 and 2. In Keyboard Switch Group 1, I have the keyboard split between a bass tone and an E. Piano. In Keyboard Switch Group 2, I want the upper part of the keyboard to be further split between the E. Piano and a brass tone, however I want the E. Piano to play 1 octave higher (because its key range will be limited by the brass tone). In the current version 2.0, I need to set up an additional E. Piano part and specify the key range and octave shift. What I am proposing is to switch key range, octave shift and level (and why not other parameters as well), on the fly when switching between Keyboard Switch Groups. It will allow for even greater flexibility, freeing the 16 parts to be used for different tones, instead of having the same tone on two or three parts just with different parameter values.

3. Another vote for separating the virtual pad (the 1-8 buttons below the screen) from the 16 pad buttons, so that the virtual pad can be used to switch groups while the 16 pad buttons be used to playback samples.

4. Allow for sample playback without having to press the HOLD button, as an option.

5. Allow the 16 pad buttons to be loaded with SMF files for the sequencer to play back (sort of a playlist).
Xanadu1209

Post by Xanadu1209 »

Playing samples without having to use the Hold button is indeed possible. One the sample edit screen there's an option called "Gate." When it's set to off, the sample will play in its entirety without the hold button.
blusprite

Post by blusprite »

Xanadu1209 wrote:Playing samples without having to use the Hold button is indeed possible. One the sample edit screen there's an option called "Gate." When it's set to off, the sample will play in its entirety without the hold button.
Thanks for the hint! :)
lipi

Post by lipi »

I just want an option to switch the MUTE function between two option:
MUTE AUDIO / MUTE MIDI events

In the second case the sound will not muted suddenly but still release the last note/event to end and no more/new tones sounding while unmute - like in an MC-50 sequencer ;)
Kingy75

Post by Kingy75 »

pianoman41 wrote:Being able to, at a minimum, sort/scroll Songs alphabetically instead of numerically (like it was on the Fantom X series). Preferably, being able to sort/scroll through Studio Sets alphabetically instead of numerically. Or give us a PC librarian so I can manually edit the order on the PC and then upload them all again. That's a little more cumbersome but I'll take it.
Has any editor/sorting function/software been developed? I've found a couple in here but I can't get them to sort studio sets alphabetically.
Mike92

Post by Mike92 »

(I use a translator because I am not English)

To all FA users in the world !!!

It's time to ask Roland for updates for the FA !!!!

For the Fantom it was only 15 days after a claim of buyer !!!!

Soon the Fantom will have multisampling and not us !!!
The Fantom has 16 SRX slots and the FA has only 2 since always !!!
No PC / MAC editor in sight for 5 years !!!!

No new SRX banks

No new engine synthesis !!!! No improvement of the current synthesis engine !!!!!

Roland could offer us an update with a Zen-core compatibility or at least offer us a complete multisampling, a new engine, an editor ... Roland could do a lot.

The truth is that roland forgot the users of FA for the devellopement of Fantom !!!!!!

Without all FA buyers in the world, there would be no Fantom !!!!

If we do not say anything, there will be no update from Roland!

It is time to regroup and demand an update that brings us a real evolution of the FA.

Thanks to all for your contribution.
Kingy75

Post by Kingy75 »

I’m on board with demanding updates to the FA. It’s becoming a waste of space for me because it just lacks so much and it’s clear Roland don’t care about it anymore.

The only good thing about the FA is the action. The sounds are more than 20 years old!!!!
BBQ

Post by BBQ »

A bit late to the party, but my top wish would be a new expansion with Fantom X - era waveforms. I'm trying to migrate from my Juno Stage to my new FA, but even with the EXP-01/02/11, I can't port my best sounds...