Worth selling Integra-7+RD64 for getting an FA07 ?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
len73

Worth selling Integra-7+RD64 for getting an FA07 ?

Post by len73 »

Hello everyone,

Roland last announcement makes me rethink about my studio gear.

I own several Roland gears currently : Jupiter 80, Integra-7, RD64 (+ JDXa, Sys8...) and I am pretty tempted to sell the combo integra+rd64 for getting an FA07.

I will lose the hammer action but will gain on ease or use and rationalise my gear. I am mostly using synth tones on the integra and as far as I know all of the SN synth are also present on the FA.

Do you think selling Integra-7 is pure heresy ?

Thanks for your comment and feedback.

Take care.

Len
stevel

Re: Worth selling Integra-7+RD64 for getting an FA07 ?

Post by stevel »

len73 wrote:as far as I know all of the SN synth are also present on the FA.
Len, if you're only using SN-S sounds, I would guess that there's at least some reduction in the number of SN-S sounds on the FA as compared to the Integra.

I suppose it all depends on what you're doing.

Personally, for a studio, I'd much rather have the Integra with all of its additional sounds (including SN Brass, Ethnic, and all the other categories the FA has, but doesn't have as much of - for example, FA only has SN Acoustic guitars, not the electrics).

IOW, for sheer number of sounds, the Integra is a no-brainer.

For performance, if I could afford it, I'd buy a really nice 61 Key Synth Action Controller and a really nice 88 Key Hammer Action Controller and as many flagship rack modules as I could afford (and probably would have a computer rig as well).

But as a poor gigging musician having to buy a "multi-purpose" keyboard with a small footprint, the 06 was the deal for me.

If the 07 was out when I bought my 06, I surely would have gotten it.

So you'd be giving up a huge amount of sounds, and your hammer action, for an "all in one" solution.

It depends on if you need more sounds and hammer action, or an all in one solution!

I'd say you're crazy, because you have what I'd like to have. But I also know I'd rather haul a single keyboard out to a gig.

But it also depends on the kinds of music you're doing - if you have no need for that Supernatural Brass or that Ethnic set (or it could be taken care of EXP 07 and 03 in the FA) then your studio may be "overbuilt" in that regard and "downsizing" might be a good move for you.

Tough to say not knowing exactly what you're doing.

It sounds like you *want* a new 07, but don't necessarily *need* an 07, but are justifying it to yourself by trading in this other gear ;-)
scramble

Post by scramble »

As Steve says it partly depends on what your situation is. If you want a gigging keyboard then the FA-07 might make more sense. If you're talking studio only then I'd stay with the Integra. But maybe you need the space. Maybe there are other factors involved. If money is an issue then you need to see what you'd get second-hand for the stuff you want to sell.

It's not heresy to sell the Integra, but you need to think carefully about what you want and need. That's up to you to decide, bit hard for us to tell.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

stevel wrote:Len, if you're only using SN-S sounds, I would guess that there's at least some reduction in the number of SN-S sounds on the FA as compared to the Integra.
I don't know whether the FA comes with all the SN-S synth patches that are on the Integra, but AFAIK, they are completely compatible. So if they're not already there, someone could save their favorite Integra SN-S patches and load them into their FA. The big difference are all the additional SN Acoustic instruments (even more than what's in the Jupiter 80), and those cannot be loaded into the FA. It also has the 4-slot PCM set. So it might be a matter of how useful those sounds are to you. Just for synth sounds, I don't see any advantage of the Integra over the FA, as far as the sounds themselves go.