EV-5 expression pedal for FA06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
locojohn

Re: EV-5 expression pedal for FA06

Post by locojohn »

Am I alone here using Roland RPU-3 for everything, including expression control? As noted above, there are settings on the FA that can reverse polarity and make any of its 3 pedals operate as expression control, hold pedal or tweak any other continuous parameter.

Haven't tried foot switch type parameters yet, but overall I am enjoying having all 3 pedals in one sturdy and seemingly reliable piece.
Escaperocks

Post by Escaperocks »

locojohn wrote:Am I alone here using Roland RPU-3 for everything, including expression control? As noted above, there are settings on the FA that can reverse polarity and make any of its 3 pedals operate as expression control, hold pedal or tweak any other continuous parameter.

Haven't tried foot switch type parameters yet, but overall I am enjoying having all 3 pedals in one sturdy and seemingly reliable piece.
How do you precisely control expression amount with what is basically a sustain pedal? I.e., there are times I need to leave expression at 90, them move it to 127, then back to zero. That's where a true expression pedal comes in whether it's Roland's EV5 or the Yamaha we've been talking about.

I agree that the RPU3 is cool, and I have used it before for Sustain, and couple other non-expression type parameters where i need the full sweep.
locojohn

Post by locojohn »

Escaperocks wrote:How do you precisely control expression amount with what is basically a sustain pedal? I.e., there are times I need to leave expression at 90, them move it to 127, then back to zero.
As mentioned, all three pedals in RPU-3 can operate as continuous controllers, meaning you can assign each to, say, control volume changes or send a "soft pedal" effect. Indeed, what you mentioned isn't possible with a pedal that has a full fixed range. But if you just use expression pedal to lower the volume, then you can do it with RPU-3 as well..
faridl

Post by faridl »

Hello,

thanks very much for the explanation on the RPU-3 and it's capability to use it also as an expression pedal.
Does that apply to all three pedals or only to one of them ?

Thanks allot in advance for your response.
faridl

Post by faridl »

I am sorry, but the answer to my question had been already provide :-)
Couldn't read it the first place due to my little display using my mobile phone ;-)
But thanks again! Best Regards Farid