Deleting Patches = Initializing Tones?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
JustKen

Deleting Patches = Initializing Tones?

Post by JustKen »

Hi all,

With all these new patches I've installed via Axial (The EXP libraries and the Integra-7 "Easter Egg" sounds), I'm thinking I'll eventually need to delete some patches. Is the only way to do this on the FA to go into Tone Edit and then Tone Utility and then Tone Initialize? That's a lot of steps.

Ken
stevel

Re: Deleting Patches = Initializing Tones?

Post by stevel »

Ken,

The EXP patches work differently from the Integra sounds.

The EXP don't really "take up space" in that they "add space to" the existing patches available.

If you want to take them out, what you could do is just do like you're going to load in two different EXPs and just leave the slots empty.

The Integra ones "write over" empty user slots and thus take internal memory - just like any patch you modified and saved in a user bank.

What I did initially was backup my FA and when I started messing with the Integra sounds and realized there were duplicates and they just kept adding new ones in rather than overwriting the previous ones, I think I just went back to an earlier backup.

I can't recall exactly, but there may be a way to do something similar and go like you're going to load in Integra sounds but load in an empty bank and have it overwrite the existing patches with init patches - but I'm sorry I don't remember for sure.

It does seem like there's some "bulk" operation - so hopefully someone else can tell you for sure.

Otherwise, yes, it's one at a time...