fa 06 sn-a sounds not present

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
anupamray

fa 06 sn-a sounds not present

Post by anupamray »

I recently bought a used FA-06 keyboard. However after I got it I noticed that none of the SN-A sounds (supernatural acoustic sounds) have any audio output.

I have tried to restore from another fully functioning fa-06 keyboard back up svd file, to no avail. Even a factory reset failed to restore the SN-A sounds. I have also updated the keyboard firmware from 1.0.3 to 2.0. That did not fix the problem either.

The other sounds work fine, for example the PCM, GM, SN-S and SN-D. I am in a fix. Please help.
stevel

Re: fa 06 sn-a sounds not present

Post by stevel »

anupamray wrote:I recently bought a used FA-06 keyboard. However after I got it I noticed that none of the SN-A sounds (supernatural acoustic sounds) have any audio output.

I have tried to restore from another fully functioning fa-06 keyboard back up svd file, to no avail. Even a factory reset failed to restore the SN-A sounds. I have also updated the keyboard firmware from 1.0.3 to 2.0. That did not fix the problem either.

The other sounds work fine, for example the PCM, GM, SN-S and SN-D. I am in a fix. Please help.
I would contact Roland immediately.

There may be some super-secret button combination to put it into self-test mode or things like that and maybe they can help you trouble shoot.

Seems like an odd problem though - I mean that it would only be the SN-A sounds.
stevel

Re: fa 06 sn-a sounds not present

Post by stevel »

Of course, I should also add that really you should contact the seller immediately as well.

It could have been sold "as is" but hopefully you got it somewhere where you can return it within 30 days or something like that.