Which settings to use FA-08 as a midi-controller?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
FrankP

Which settings to use FA-08 as a midi-controller?

Post by FrankP »

I want to use mij FA-08 as a midi-controller. I have connected my FA-08 with (my midicable OUT) a TASCAM US-122MKII (Midi IN). This TASCAM is connected with my laptop (USB-cable)

All the settings with my DAW-software (Mixcraft & Sampletank) are correct because I've used a midicontroller for a while, so it must be something with the settings of the FA.

Can somebody help me plz? Here are some printscreens of my current settings;
1.jpg
1.jpg (52.7 KiB) Viewed 528 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (53.89 KiB) Viewed 528 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (53.27 KiB) Viewed 528 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (50.7 KiB) Viewed 528 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (50.43 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Kind regards!
Skijumptoes

Re: Which settings to use FA-08 as a midi-controller?

Post by Skijumptoes »

I'm guessing you're on windows?

First thing i would do is test if midi signals are coming through to your OS, do you have a midi monitor tool? If not, use this:-

http://www.midiox.com

And see if anything shows up on there when you press a key on the FA, if it does then the issue is with your software.

If it doesn't then looks like a connection issue possibly? Double check your Midi IN/Outs.
frank123

Post by frank123 »

FrankP wrote:I want to use mij FA-08 as a midi-controller. I have connected my FA-08 with (my midicable OUT) a TASCAM US-122MKII (Midi IN). This TASCAM is connected with my laptop (USB-cable)
From the TASCAM Manual:

Code: Select all

When the MIDI IN jack is receiving any kind of MIDI data, the MIDI IN indicator lights. If a device that sends MIDI Active Sensing messages is connected, this indicator will continuously blink. To avoid this, disable the MIDI Active Sensing on the connected device.
Does the LED blink?

Frank
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Hate to supply the simple answer, but you pressed the "DAW" button on the FA right?