Switch Assignment Possibility? - Octave and Part on/off

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
alargroove

Switch Assignment Possibility? - Octave and Part on/off

Post by alargroove »

Is there way set this up in studio set play

I want to assign S1 or S2 to be able turn on or off a particular part number. Sometimes i'll play something and have two parts (essential dual play) playing the same exact thing but want to quickly want to turnoff one of the parts and then quickly turn it back on later in a song. Usually I'll have 4-10 parts split across keyboard so dual button will not an option. I also do not want to do 2 studio sets and scroll between the the two.

also

is there way to assign S1 or S2 to change the octave of a particular part(s) not all parts in the studio set.

Thanks in Advance
bennyseven

Re: Switch Assignment Possibility? - Octave and Part on/off

Post by bennyseven »

Best way would be to use the new keyboard groups coming with Firmware 2.0.
Parts can be switched on/off with the pads.
stevel

Post by stevel »

alargroove wrote:Is there way set this up in studio set play

I want to assign S1 or S2 to be able turn on or off a particular part number. ]

is there way to assign S1 or S2 to change the octave of a particular part(s) not all parts in the studio set.
]
Neither to my knowledge.

What you need to do is use the Pads to do this.

You can set up one patch on Part 1 in normal octave and another patch in Part 2 say an octave higher.

Then use the pads to switch between the two. This works seamlessly in the latest update.

Furhtermore, you can assign keyboard switch groups so, for example, Part 1 could be Pad 1, Part 2, octave up could be Pad 2, and BOTH parts 1 and 2 together (in octaves) could be turned on with Pad 3.

I haven't tried it this way yet, but the 10 Favorites buttons can be used as "virtual pads" so you could switch from these if it's more convenient (assuming they work essentially just like a pad).

Benny said "coming" with 2.0, but this firmware update has already been released. So you can update it now if you haven't already done so.

But it's not something you can assign to S1/S2 AFAIK.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

alargroove wrote:is there way to assign S1 or S2 to change the octave of a particular part(s) not all parts in the studio set
The ability to change the octave of just one part, on the fly, would be great... it's something I've wished for on my Yamaha as well. If you've got the keyboard split for left hand bass, which reduces the range of heys available for your RH sound, it's common to want to octave-switch that sound, but of course, you don't want to octave switch the bass as well. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has come up with a good way to do this.
alargroove

Post by alargroove »

Thanks guys. This is will work perfect and only took a couple minutes to get it setup.