Only 64 samples?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Paul99

Only 64 samples?

Post by Paul99 »

Hi guys,

So, I obviously haven't understood the way the 16 samples times 4 banks work. I thought that the 64 samples were saved within the SS and unique for each SS. But...I notice that the 64 samples are the same for every SS. So the first sample on Pad 1 is the same in every SS. I sincerely hope that I am doing something wrong!

Thanks!
Paul
Skijumptoes

Re: Only 64 samples?

Post by Skijumptoes »

Samples are saved per song, and if there's samples in a song it is indicated on the song load dialog screen with a little icon.

Yeah, it's odd, but it seems like normal to me now!! lol :)
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

I'll be damned! I knew it was somehow right what I thought, it's only that I thought it was SS related in stead of Song related. But it is no problem for my purpose because I just have to select a different song. Since I don't use the sequencer it's okay for me to work with.

Thank you Skijumptoes for your kind help!
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Just remember that you don't need to save a song for the samples to be saved -it's all done automatically when you make any changes to the samples within that song.

So don't clear samples thinking that you'll get them back if you don't save - cause you won't, they'll be gone!! :-o
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

Skijumptoes wrote: So don't clear samples thinking that you'll get them back if you don't save - cause you won't, they'll be gone!! :-o
;-) ....I made a backup before changing the samples. So I can put them back. I will do that, but first I will have my band evening where I will use the samples: our drummer is on vacation and I created some drum tracks and saved them as sample so we can still play. It turns out I had song 1 as default and used that, so now I lost bank 1. But I have a backup and in the weekend I will put it back and than pick an unused song which obviously has no samples yet and use that. The drummer has a 3 week vacation....