V2 update, groups

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Emmerson

V2 update, groups

Post by Emmerson »

I notice that with the new V2 update the following sometimes happens when I choose the Group (8) option.
Sometimes the switches and lights operate to allow you change groups below the display and sometimes not.
Is there a consistent way of making them available so I don't have to reach over to the pads all time time to change groups?

I've also noticed that when the studio set is saved, when I dial in the studio set again the group selected does not flash, I guess this is a bug ?
stevel

Re: V2 update, groups

Post by stevel »

[
I've also noticed that when the studio set is saved, when I dial in the studio set again the group selected does not flash, I guess this is a bug ?
I've not noticed this problem. Could it be that you somehow changed the pads back to some other function besides group select?

I've noticed if I've selected group 16, and I save the set, when I return to it later it's 16 that will be flashing. So I had to go through mine and save it so 1 was flashing (because that's the one I wanted to start with).

Therefore it saves whatever the last state it was in - I've sometimes been working on them and changed something simple (like turned the S1 button on) and not realized I'd done that and saved it and it took me a while to figure out why all my sounds sounded different...

So make sure you're saving it in the version you want.
I notice that with the new V2 update the following sometimes happens when I choose the Group (8) option.
Sometimes the switches and lights operate to allow you change groups below the display and sometimes not.
Is there a consistent way of making them available so I don't have to reach over to the pads all time time to change groups?
I'm not sure about this one. It sounds like you're using the "virtual pads" function of the 10 buttons below the screen. Again it sounds like maybe you've saved one group with virtual pads assigned and another with them not - I haven't used them yet so I'm not sure if they're on a group by group basis or studio set by studio set basis but it just sounds like you've saved group 8 with different settings than your other groups.

I hope it's as simple as that.
bennyseven

Re: V2 update, groups

Post by bennyseven »

Emmerson wrote: I've also noticed that when the studio set is saved, when I dial in the studio set again the group selected does not flash, I guess this is a bug ?
Yes, that's true.
After selecting a studio set, the keygroup number (pad) is not flashing. Not clear if it is a bug or missing requirement. I missed this too. And, the only indication about the pad mode are the 10 green pads.