switching (forward/backward) between studio sets quickly

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Flavorkeys

switching (forward/backward) between studio sets quickly

Post by Flavorkeys »

Once I am in a studio set that has pad mode on part select and want to quickly advance to the next (or previous) studio set, is there a faster way other than arrowing up to position the cursor on the studio set name and moving the wheel to right or left? Is there a "forward/backword" without moving the cursor?
dbergsch

Re: switching (forward/backward) between studio sets quickly

Post by dbergsch »

For me the Dec / Inc buttons work very well for exactly this operation. Just make sure to set the choice cursor on set name before saving the whole set.
Gordkeir

Post by Gordkeir »

How about assigning pedals to change studio sets incrementally up or down? There is an instructional video to show you how to do this https://youtu.be/Dbu-OhSf0Vg . Hope this helps.
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

Hey Flavorkeys

Gordkeir beat me to it, but I second the use of pedals. For some gigs I've had CTRL 1 set to Increase the Studio Set, and CTRL 2 to decrease, and then plugged in some cheap footswitches. That way I can tap a switch and it'll change to the next or previous Studio Set and I don't have to fiddle with any buttons on the panel.... generally I'm grabbing a drink of water and switching the studio set without even looking :)

Obviously it's important to have the Studio Sets in some sort of order, so I've reserved the last 50 slots for Studio Sets as my staging ground... I'll build studio sets and then depending on the use, copy them into those end slots in the order I need them to be.

Has worked well and never had an issue! Good luck!
Flavorkeys

Post by Flavorkeys »

Thanks for the advice !
hdunion

Post by hdunion »

save your studio sets as favorites then you can move back and forth seamlessly