Workaround to assign sample pads to studio set?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
dbergsch

Workaround to assign sample pads to studio set?

Post by dbergsch »

Hey there!
While setting up my FA06 for live gig I decided to create a Studio Set for every title on the setlist. I thought I could ad some specific Samples for every titele via pads - but as far as I can see: The pads belong to "Sequenzer/Song" ...

Means if I switch the Studio set for next tItle on Setlist - the pads still stuck on the damn "Sequenzer / Song" ... Pad's assignment only switches by loading a new Song. So if I want to assign the pads for a Studio Set this has to happen via "Sequenzer / Song" only?

Studio Sets & Favourites can be switched by Dec/Inc Buttons or Pedals ... but not the Songs in the sequenzer!
Sequenzer / Songs have to be loaded by pressing a few buttons - thats way too complicated for live use.

Any workaround? Or how do you handle this?
BR Dennis
bennyseven

Re: Workaround to assign sample pads to studio set?

Post by bennyseven »

I use one Studio Set for each titel on my setlist. I have several pads/samples in use. But I never used more than 64 samples for a hole show. So I load one song at the beginn of the show and that's it. Meanwhile I only have to switch the sample bank, which is two klicks.

This works fine, unless you want to use more than 64 samples or new sequences for each Studio Set.
dbergsch

Re: Workaround to assign sample pads to studio set?

Post by dbergsch »

yeah actually you're right - 64 samples should be enough for a whole show.