Question about Sample Pads and Arpeggios

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
dbergsch

Question about Sample Pads and Arpeggios

Post by dbergsch »

Answers and tips highly welcome ;)

Question 1: Keys to Sample Pads
Is there any way to program / use the pads as trigger for sounds? A friend of mine plays a Korg M3, uses these pads to play either certain notes or even chords. No samples, just as additional use to the keys.

Question 2: Sample Pads to keys
I know that I can use part 16 in studio set to play samples on the keys in order like they are saved. But is there a way to root a certain sample to an individual key?

Question 3: individual Arpeggios
I know how to load new Arpeggios from sd card to user storage. But is there a way to create an individual Arpegio right in the box without external equipment or software?

Many thanks in advance!
stevel

Re: Question about Sample Pads and Arpeggios

Post by stevel »

1. No, the pads do not work like keys on a regular sound TMK.

2. No.

If low C is Pad 1, and C# is Pad 2 (I forget the layout), AFAIK that's the only way you get it. All you can do is assign X sample to X pad, so it matches X key you want. But you can't record a sample on Pad 5 and choose which key on Part 16 you use to play it on.

There might be some tricky way to transpose or something, but otherwise it's always going to be Pad 1 is assigned to the low C, Pad 2 is C#, etc.

3. Not sure on this one, but I think you have to create any arp patterns externally or at least move them external to be able to "load" them in.

I'm fairly certain you're asking the impossible on all of these, but I'm not the complete expert so I could be wrong! Powerful keyboard, but it does have its limitations :-)

dbergsch wrote:Answers and tips highly welcome ;)

Question 1: Keys to Sample Pads
Is there any way to program / use the pads as trigger for sounds? A friend of mine plays a Korg M3, uses these pads to play either certain notes or even chords. No samples, just as additional use to the keys.

Question 2: Sample Pads to keys
I know that I can use part 16 in studio set to play samples on the keys in order like they are saved. But is there a way to root a certain sample to an individual key?

Question 3: individual Arpeggios
I know how to load new Arpeggios from sd card to user storage. But is there a way to create an individual Arpegio right in the box without external equipment or software?

Many thanks in advance!
AnalogHero

Re: Question about Sample Pads and Arpeggios

Post by AnalogHero »

Hi,

afaik you can create arps from a sequence you created.