Tempo Knob - FA 07 and Cubase 9 Elements

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
tcastlejr

Tempo Knob - FA 07 and Cubase 9 Elements

Post by tcastlejr »

Ok... So I'm trying to get these two to play nice together. I've got everything setup correctly (I think). Midi is working, audio is working, the transport controls are working.

I thought I saw on a video that I would be able to set tempo in Cubase with the tempo knob on the board. Is that the case? If so, is there a setting I'm missing? I can't get the tempo knob to change anything in Cubase.

I appreciate any help.

Tom
Skijumptoes

Re: Tempo Know - FA 07 and Cubase 9 Elements

Post by Skijumptoes »

I don't know whether Cubase can run as a slave or not? But if so, you would need to set the FA as the master clock, and cubase as slave - Not all DAW's allow this.

If cubase has the option (Which a quick google suggests it does), then you will probably have to press play on the FA's sequencer to ensure that the clock is being sent too as the tempo is not sent as a tempo figure per se but as a clock beat.

I have no first hand experience of the FA and Cubase, but that's the general idea.

Don't forget that there are midi sync options with the FA's menu also that you may need to tailor to suit Cubase. hopefully someone else replies who runs this kind of setup if i'm no use!! :)
TheSuperNova

Re: Tempo Knob - FA 07 and Cubase 9 Elements

Post by TheSuperNova »

I am actually wondering the same thing, did you manage to figure out how to do this and did this work?