modifying the supernatural organ tones for upper octaves

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Flavorkeys

modifying the supernatural organ tones for upper octaves

Post by Flavorkeys »

I started a thread about using the sub out to run organ programs thru an external leslie sim and got great advice, thanks! I bought a used Lester K and have now routed the supernatural organ tones out the sub and into the Lester K. Sounds good,... not great, but this is only for when I am not using my other organ clone for Hammond type parts. I only choose the supernatural organ tones because the PCMS tones just didn't do it for me. The raw supernatural tones are actually not that bad and thru the Lester K they are a bit better still.

I now find that the supernatural organs programs (for example B3 Jazz 4) don't have the natural increase in volume and "scream" that occurs in the 2 upper octaves like an actual Hammond/clone does. The supernatural tones have pretty much a flat response across the keyboard from low to high. Is there a way to tweak these programs to achieve more of this? Is keyboard track adjustable in the supernatural organs?
Joe P

Re: modifying the supernatural organ tones for upper octaves

Post by Joe P »

Flavor,

Did you try EQ via Shift+Part View?
Flavorkeys

Re: modifying the supernatural organ tones for upper octaves

Post by Flavorkeys »

No, I did not try the individual EQ yet, thanks, sounds like a possibility.

While on the subject of modifying the supernatural tones, once I have started bypassing the internal FX in order to use the Lester K thru sub out, I have lost the C/V effect. Is this only available by using a rotary FX chain?