Free FA Overlays from Roland

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
R.U.Doin

Re: Free FA Overlays from Roland

Post by R.U.Doin »

Rupertt wrote: on each corner of the overlay there is a small dot on the bottom. that are doubled sided tape, you have to peel one side off. at least mine came with those.
I did noticed the dots, but had no idea! Thanks!
fa06roland

Post by fa06roland »

If anyone in Canada has received this overlay, please let me know how you did it, or where to enlist/enroll in the program, mine is getting a bit scratched up in general use. If anyone has a link for Canada to register on, that would be appreciated. Kind regards, Graydon
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

I got mine this morning, they look great! They say it will be another month or so though until they get more into the UK, so hang fire a bit.
Wmacky

Post by Wmacky »

I'm in the US and waiting on mine. I ordered Sunday, and was hoping for Today. No dice.

How were yours shipped in the US?
neomad

Post by neomad »

bennyseven wrote:Got mine today. No registration, I used the service request form on Rolands website.
Hi Benny, would you please share the link of the service request form within Roland website ? unfortunately, I could not find it... :-(

Thanks in advance
Dankechon
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Here it is. Maybe it looks different in other countries (beside the language...).

https://www.roland.com/de/support/service-1/

cheers
fa06roland

Post by fa06roland »

If and when I do receive my FA-06 display overlay from Roland Canada, I will send anyone in Canada the fella I dealt with and who responded to my request. I can happily pass on the Roland contact via email I received a few weeks ago telling me that mine has been sent to my rural address. I should hopefully get it this coming week. Kind regards, Graydon
MoS-tekknix

Post by MoS-tekknix »

Trigerred Roland Germany via the link posted by beenyseven yesterday and today they have asked for my postal Address.

Cheers
Wmacky

Post by Wmacky »

Mine arrived today and they look great.

Question - Has anyone tried to remove the original covers / plates? My FA 08 was sent to me used and the clear screen window was severely abused with deep scratches / gouges. I see the new overlays come with a clear window, so I was wondering if it's possible to remove that entire panel before applying the new overlay?

Anyone?
MoS-tekknix

Post by MoS-tekknix »

Wmacky wrote:Mine arrived today and they look great.

Question - Has anyone tried to remove the original covers / plates? My FA 08 was sent to me used and the clear screen window was severely abused with deep scratches / gouges. I see the new overlays come with a clear window, so I was wondering if it's possible to remove that entire panel before applying the new overlay?

Anyone?
Got my today. They are looking quite well. If you like to remove the complete plate you should contact Myrk- he is selling real Faceplates here. I've ordered them for my FA-06 too. Anyhow for better Reading and a somehow scractprotection the original Roland-Covers are okay.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

I would not remove the original plates. The new ones fit perfect inside the frames.
If applicable, you can use additional glue dots or stripes or better: removable fixogum glue like this one https://www.amazon.com/Marabu-Fixogum-R ... ds=fixogum.
mangepange

Post by mangepange »

Contacted Roland Sweden and I just had to send my serial number so they could confirm it was sold through them, then I got my overlay two days later!

I think Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark share the same Roland Scandinavia office. So it should be ok in thoose countries too.
fa06roland

Post by fa06roland »

I received my overlays from Roland today and yes, they do look great. It was more of an effort to get those little dots off (used the end of a sewing needle) to remove them and they fit in place. Nice work Roland ! the box arrived also free of charge. If anyone in Canada needs a link to order the panels, just PM me, happy to help out.
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

fa06roland wrote:I received my overlays from Roland today and yes, they do look great. It was more of an effort to get those little dots off (used the end of a sewing needle) to remove them and they fit in place. Nice work Roland ! the box arrived also free of charge. If anyone in Canada needs a link to order the panels, just PM me, happy to help out.
Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to fa06roland for helping connect me with the right guy at Roland Canada. My plates arrived last week... they fit perfectly and look great. Thanks again!
fa06roland

Post by fa06roland »

My pleasure, the overlays will definitely protect from scratches, I think that two-sided tape would secure these new panels better than the little dots especially for those gigging and moving the keyboard around in a gig bag. Cheers ! Graydon