FA08 suddenly lost all USER settings

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Boxx73

FA08 suddenly lost all USER settings

Post by Boxx73 »

Having just set up lots of new USER studio settings and not backed up for a few months, on switching on they have suddenly all disappeared as if to factory settings. However my favourite/banks have still held the USER numbers so I'm not sure it has completely reset. Any idea if I can restore? Am panicking I have lost everything and am nervous of trying to restore with the risk of losing anything that is actually still there. Would be gratefully for any help.
stevel

Re: FA08 suddenly lost all USER settings

Post by stevel »

Boxx73 wrote:Having just set up lots of new USER studio settings and not backed up for a few months, on switching on they have suddenly all disappeared as if to factory settings. However my favourite/banks have still held the USER numbers so I'm not sure it has completely reset. Any idea if I can restore? Am panicking I have lost everything and am nervous of trying to restore with the risk of losing anything that is actually still there. Would be gratefully for any help.
Well, my first suggestion would be to just turn it off and turn it back on again and see what happens.

Obviously, this is why backing up is so important, but if that ship has sailed, lesson learned.

User settings are generally held in memory by a battery - at least they used to be. I'm not sure with modern SSD kind of saving.

But it used to be that when the battery went dead, you lost all your settings. And of course some manufacturers make it nearly impossible to replace the battery. Furthermore, it won't be covered under any warranty.

I hope that's not it, but just check to make sure you didn't just do something goofy like look at a wrong bank or something.

If they truly are gone though, nothing you can do other than restore from your most recent backup just to save yourself as much work rebuilding as possible.

But if it came to that, I'd do a factory reset, then try to save some user files, and just see what happens.

Good Luck - I hope maybe some others have some suggestions for you, or it's just some weird glitch.