need to get rid of clicking

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
aktnine

need to get rid of clicking

Post by aktnine »

Hey guys,
I am trying to record a song on the fa-08 and the main synth I am using is SYNTH:0472 JAY VEE SOLO. I have made zero changes to this sound but when i play it there is some noticeable clicking that is driving me crazy. I've insured it isn't clipping or anything. I don't know what parameter to change or tweak and i can't get rid of it. Can someone with a bit more know how than me please help me out on this one, it would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Skijumptoes

Re: need to get rid of clicking

Post by Skijumptoes »

Have you tried adjusting cutoff and resonance to filter it out? Just tried the patch and i can't hear any clipping that would cause me any discomfort i must admit, at least nothing that's not in the character of the sound.

Also, You may be able to raise the 'attack' value a little to reduce clicking if it occurs as the note is played? But not by much.
aktnine

Post by aktnine »

Hey, Thank you for getting back to me with the suggestions. I tried them all but I still experience the click. I believe that it is part of the character of the sound, however when combined with the other sounds in the song, the clicking sounds out of place and unprofessional. I will try find another sound to replace it, just disappointing because the sound works so well with what I am trying to do. Maybe I will export the audio to soundcloud so people can hear what I mean. Thanks for getting back to me. cheers.
Candy

Post by Candy »

The solution is very easy:
The Tone uses 3 Parts. Part 1 and Part 4 create the sweeping Synth-Sound! Part 2 is a part, which uses LFO, Part 3 is off. Switch off part 2 and the „clicking“ is deleted.
Therefore press Shift and Tone Edit. Now you see the four parts, Part 1,2 and 4 have pink lights above. Go with the cursor to the light on part 2 and switch it off with the wheel.
Thats it!

The LFO in part 2 is the reason for the „clicking“-Sound!

Candy