Sharp edges on the FA-07 white keys? Very unsatisfied

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
DavidC

Sharp edges on the FA-07 white keys? Very unsatisfied

Post by DavidC »

Hi,

I bought an FA-07 yesterday and after opening it, I've noticed that at the end of the white keys, there is sharp edges that you can feel when you play. (That happens if your finger touches the edges of the left or right keys to the one you're playing)

I've checked if that problem exists on a 61-key Roland synth like Juno-DI and I've noticed it is a rounded one.

I would have probably bought a FA-08 if I know that. I did not feel that at the shop while playing, though maybe I have just didn't noticed it.

Would be very happy to hear some feedback. I'm really unsatfisfied from this situation.

Regards
Attachments
IMG_7144.JPG
IMG_7144.JPG (160.73 KiB) Viewed 558 times
GregC

Re: Sharp edges on the FA-07 white keys? Very unsatisfied

Post by GregC »

New FA-07 owner here. Kronos 88 is my other board

I don't have the ' sharp edges '. This is a stretch, the extreme corner of 1 or 2 keys might feel a little rough, as in not smooth.

In addition, when I play keys, I have zero contact with the ' corner' of each key .

Its not an issue for me. When you say ' sharp edge' that suggests you could cut your finger on the corner of each key. If thats the case with your FA , you have a defective keybed.

Otherwise, it sounds like you don't like the ' finish ' of the corner. I would have never noticed this on my FA.
Then again, I don't have your FA.
DavidC

Re: Sharp edges on the FA-07 white keys? Very unsatisfied

Post by DavidC »

I think your observation is correct.

I cannot cut myself from the "Sharp edges".

It is true that due to lack of a good technique yet, My fingers sometimes touches the edges of the left and right key and I feel like a sharp/unrounded corners unlike other 61-key roland keyboards.

It just upsets me since $1500 is not cheap price and it is strange to see that.