New Cubase Patch Scripts

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
husker

New Cubase Patch Scripts

Post by husker »

I have created some new Cubase Patch scripts for the FA Series.

These are different from the other script files I have seen, as these are sorted by Instrument type, instead of Sound type. For example, each category (Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Piano, Bell/Mallet, Brass etc. etc) has its own category, with subcategories for GM2, Supernatural Synth, PCM, etc. This makes it easier to find the sound you may be looking for.

I created these solely from the Sound list for the FA Series. These also include all Expansions (1-11). I have noticed that there are some disconnects between the sound list and what is on the FA screen, and I have fixed as many as I have found.

Three files are attached - The Full includes Studio Sets, Tones, and Drums. This file has three script modes - Studio Set, Tones, and Drums - each must be assigned midi channels in Cubase. The other two files are only the drum kits and the tones.

I hope these may be of use to someone - I have found that sorting by sound makes it much easier to find what I am looking for.

Please let me know if anyone has any issues with these, or see any errors.
Attachments
FA-08 - Full.txt
Full
(156.87 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
FA-08 - Tone Only.txt
Tone Only
(147.63 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
FA-08 - Drum Kits.txt
Drum Kits
(4 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
stevel

Re: New Cubase Patch Scripts

Post by stevel »

Nice work.

I have min still arranged by Bank as in the manuals.

I went in and edited the bank names so I could find things a little easier too, so I put like "Piano, Bass, Lead Synth" for a bank that had primarily those sounds in it.

But it didn't take long to realize if I type "Piano" in Cubase's Filter (search) box, I'd get not only the patches, but any banks with Piano in the title as well!

I might load yours up and try it to see if I like that organization better.
husker

Re: New Cubase Patch Scripts

Post by husker »

I've made a few changes/corrections in this file. Only the full is included now.

Some categories have been improved, and some special characters that were not translated properly have been fixed.
Attachments
FA-08 - Full.txt
Improved Full
(156.85 KiB) Downloaded 32 times