Free Roland Indian tones download

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
lalaland

Free Roland Indian tones download

Post by lalaland »

I have just found this page in Roland India site.
http://www.roland.co.in/support/by_prod ... ers/410016

It offers free Indian tones for FA series. I downloaded the zip file (After providing email, name, city...my SIN number...Oh come on Roland India, grow up!) and found just two files in it without any instruction or read me files!

FA.bin
FA.svd

Bin files are normally for expansion slots and system update. And svd files are either Integra 7 downlodable patches or Studio set, right? Not sure if they are new tones or just a compilation of existing tones modified for Indian palette, I tried to import the svd file (which is huge, 1.28 MB) but it seems nothing in there, or may be I need to install the bin file first and svd file might be just a studio set based on the patches in bin file?

Any idea folks on how to process those two files? Roland India was keen to put a big software license agreement and take our consent in that oddly placed download page (what a give away tone package doing in a driver section?), but couldn't bother to drop a line to leave an instruction!
stevel

Re: Free Roland Indian tones download

Post by stevel »

Sounds like a good way to brick your FA...

My SVD file for Synth Legends Pure is only 37 KB.

I'd say maybe you're treading on dangerous ground if you don't know what it is you're downloading or attempting to install - did they ask for your credit card number too?

It could absolutely be something like SN-A Sitar or Sn_D Tabla sounds and so on.

But it could be that they replace everything else...

IOW, if you just want some "Indian sounding tones" I would do a lot of research before I started messing around with trying to download and install something like this.

Maybe just contact Roland and ask. They usually get back to me pretty quickly with an answer.
lalaland

Post by lalaland »

Ha ha ha, I wouldn't bother creating a post out of it unless it's an official Roland site (The SIN number part was a joke BTW!). However, I was cautious writing the bin file, just tried to import the SVD file first but it looks empty or doesn't work without the bin file being installed first. If nobody tried this before, then I wouldn't bother installing it anyway, taking a risk. I am sure Roland US would reply me, but not so sure about Roland India...they might ask for my credit card number this time! (just kidding...)
rocky11

Post by rocky11 »

hi I need help. I just bought Fa06 I am also looking for Indian tone
DineshG

Post by DineshG »

The FA-06/08 can import Tones from Integra-7 Backups or from Integra-7 sound sets on the Axial website. Here is the procedure to load these into the FA-06/08:

1. Downloaded the Integra-7 sound set or copy it from the Integra-7 to your computer. It will be in a .SVD format.

2. Connected the SD card from the FA-06 to your computer (you may need a SD card reader for this).

3. Copied the .SVD backup file to the ROLAND/FA/BACKUP folder on the SD card.

4. Connected the SD card to the FA-06.

5. Pressed MENU, selected "UTILITY" and pressed ENTER.

6. Selected "IMPORT STUDIO SET/TONE" and press ENTER.

At this point you will see the .SVD file name on the left side of the screen on the FA-06/08, and on the right hand side of the screen it will display the Tones that are available for importing.

8. Press ENTER. This brings up a screen listing all of the available tones. Use the #2 button under the screen (which says "MARK" on the screen above it) to mark the Tones you wish to import (there will be a "*" next to the name), then press the #7 button under the screen which says "IMPORT" on the screen above it.

9. The next screen allows you to choose where you would like to import the tones in the FA-06/08. The keyboard will mark the first available User locations, but you cna change this if desired.

10. Press the #7 button under the screen (which says "EXECUTE" above it on the screen), then press the #6 button under the screen (which says "OK" above it on the screen).

The screen indicates "PROCESSING" and then "IMPORT COMPLETED." You can now select and play the imported Tones in the USER bank on your FA-06/08.
keyven

Post by keyven »

Any Patch list available in txt format ??