Issue with sequencer prog changes

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Skijumptoes

Issue with sequencer prog changes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Ok, so not a big issue really - but this really had me scratching my head last night, so thought i'd put it out there as a note of caution.

If you record using the sequencer on Part 1, and once done you press the record button again so that you can 'rehearse', move to Part 2 and re-enable record (I.e. you never break in play). If you make any program changes (Accidental or purposely) the program changes you make on Part 2 will record on Part 1. Note data etc. will remain on Part 2 as expected however.

I done this by mistake after creating a 5 part sequence on the fly. I accidentally changed a patch on Part 5 when recording was enabled, and couldn't find any way of removing the program changes on that part. I erased/deleted Part 5 tracks and it still remained, i couldn't see it in the microscope view - so it really had me stumped for a while.

I then noticed that it had saved all the program changes in Part 1's track - being SysEx data it was still changing Part 5's program changes of course, hence the confusion.