Can I make a song load up with a Studio Set?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
stevel

Can I make a song load up with a Studio Set?

Post by stevel »

I know we've been over this before, but I've forgotten.

I think if I load a Song, the studio set that is associated with it will be selected as well.

But can you do it the other way? Can I just change from Studio Set X to Studio Set Y and have the Song associated with it "load" as well?

Or becuase it's "load"< I have to load it from the song perspective...

I was trying to set it up so the Sample I have for a song are "attached" to a Studio Set so that when I change from SS 200 to 201 or whatever, the Samples change as well - or are, "automatically loaded" if you will.
bennyseven

Re: Can I make a song load up with a Studio Set?

Post by bennyseven »

this is not possible
brakjoller

Post by brakjoller »

stevel wrote:I know we've been over this before, but I've forgotten.
I think if I load a Song, the studio set that is associated with it will be selected as well.
Yes. Which I think is quite logical. It would have been a pain if you had to remember which SS was needed for a certain song to play right.
stevel wrote: But can you do it the other way? Can I just change from Studio Set X to Studio Set Y and have the Song associated with it "load" as well?
No, and that would be backwards, in my opinion, since a SS is certainly meant to be used in many songs. If we take it to an even lower level, it would be like another SS being loaded if you switch to a different sound/tone on a certain track... :)
stevel wrote: Or becuase it's "load"< I have to load it from the song perspective...

I was trying to set it up so the Sample I have for a song are "attached" to a Studio Set so that when I change from SS 200 to 201 or whatever, the Samples change as well - or are, "automatically loaded" if you will.
As I remember it, the pad mode and samples is connected to the SS, but I might misremember and I don't have the FA with me right now so I cannot test.
AnalogHero

Post by AnalogHero »

Its one of the FAs flaws in my opinion. In modern times where anybody can afford a 32gb sd card i really think roland should have made it so that 1 SS = 1 Song. If you really need a SS in more of your songs, then go ahead and copy it.
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

It would have been nice, because then also the 16 samples would be loaded with the Studio Set. Then I could use the pads to trigger some samples with that particular song. It would be easier to memorize where what samples is hiding under the pads. Now I don't use that option because it is too difficult to handle.
But all-in-all I think the FA is great value for money. Even with its flaws. I very shortly had a Korg Kross, version 1. That is about the same price as the FA but boy-oh-boy was that Kross much less value for money than the FA!
skyy19854

Post by skyy19854 »

if your able to capture the sysex of the temp SS you can then place it in the beginning of song always having the SS with the song. What I do is use the bulk dump feature into Syx-Lib android app save the sysex, insert about 8 measures all tracks, then record the sysex into song. Now you have your SS with song always. Man I miss this feature in my X6 Roland is messin up!!

PS: you have to edit sysex since its an entire dump of the board not just SS, I think the first measure is the SS
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

skyy19854 wrote: 08:21, 25 January 2023 What I do is use the bulk dump feature into Syx-Lib android app save the sysex, insert about 8 measures all tracks, then record the sysex into song.
Is not even necessary an external gear! Just prepare the 8 measures space on all tracks, start recording in the sequence and trigger the bulk dump function. All settings will be saved directly in the sequence.
skyy19854

Post by skyy19854 »

Nice, good tip!