Official Integra-7 Editor - Working with the FA

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Skijumptoes

Official Integra-7 Editor - Working with the FA

Post by Skijumptoes »

Thanks to LiPL and his development on a java editor for the FA, he found out that it was probably going to be windows only due to the MIDI hardware differences between Mac/Windows, so i decided to try and develop something for Mac users.

In doing some research, i decided to download the Integra editor to see what it spits out, and i've found a way of modifying the SysEx data is sends to be compatible with the FA, I've got most of the Integra editor running for the FA, so If any mac users are interested please reply or PM me, and i should have some instructions later!

Some of the MFX elements i can't working, EQ for each part is not working, neither are the reverb and chorus levels controls for each part, and most importantly two way feedback i've not quite mastered yet - This keeps the editor in sync with the hardware so would be great to see if I can get that running too.

However, most of the PCM-S (Waveforms not working) and SN-S mapping (Plus some SN-D/SN-A etc.) is running from what i have tested, plus the part offsets, panning volume controls etc.
locojohn

Re: Official Integra-7 Editor - Working with the FA

Post by locojohn »

Wow! Kudos! I am all in and very much interested to check it out! Please!

Do you use Ableton Live with Max for Live? About EQ/Reverb/etc. parameters per part – there is a M4L device called Roland FA Control that can control parameters such as Reverb, Chorus, Cut off, Resonanse, etc. that I think you might be interested to check out:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... 08-control

I wonder if they did it through SysEx or via MIDI and I also wonder if you can find out how they did it so you could incorporate this functionality into your program.

Andrejs
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Yeah i tried that in the past and it was pretty basic.

I've linked to the modified plugin here:-

http://www.getpatched.co.uk/forumattach ... _FAMod.zip

Unzip it and place the .component file in your Library/Audio/Plugins/Components folder.

Then load the plugin up in a DAW of your choosing, and select the Integra-7 plugin.

Once in the plugin go to 'utility' menu-
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 21.54.14.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 21.54.14.png (14.02 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
Then on the left side menu, select 'Device', and then set the midi In/Out as your FA for both.
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 21.54.20.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 21.54.20.png (46.76 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
Then hopefully it works for you with the mods i've put in. Report back!
stevel

Post by stevel »

Will it work on OS 10.6.8?
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

As it's an audio component, it should, but i can verify as i don't have anything running 10.6.8.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Update
======
1. Part EQ's now working for Parts 1-16
2. Reverb level per part now working
3. Chorus level per part now working
4. Two way communication working

File has been updated:-

Can't read the user memory from the FA yet, and the patch lists are out sync partly due to this, but it's something i think i can fix.

Appreciate any feedback!
stevel

Post by stevel »

Skijumptoes wrote:As it's an audio component, it should, but i can verify as i don't have anything running 10.6.8.
I donwloaded it, and tried both plug-ins folders (under user and under system) and it didn't give me any messages saying it was incompatible with the system (which other tend to do).

But I couldn't find it in anywhere in Reaper or Cubase...
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

It should just load just as you would a software instrument in reaper, perhaps your plugin list needs updating in reaper, either restart the machine, or right click where you load the plugins and select "scan for new plugins" ?

I'm guessing that Reaper is set to use audio units? If not, i may be able to mod the VST version also.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Actually, there's a free AU host here if you want to test:-
http://ju-x.com/hostingau.html

Just load it up in one of the instrument slots, you can double click within that app to view the plugin once loaded.
locojohn

Post by locojohn »

Skijumptoes wrote:Yeah i tried that in the past and it was pretty basic.

I've linked to the modified plugin here:-

This rocks! And it works for me, confirmed! If only I was able to load and save user presets... Also doesn't seem to recognize new sounds in user expansion slots...

Andrejs
locojohn

Post by locojohn »

stevel wrote:
Skijumptoes wrote: I donwloaded it, and tried both plug-ins folders (under user and under system) and it didn't give me any messages saying it was incompatible with the system (which other tend to do).

But I couldn't find it in anywhere in Reaper or Cubase...
Check, maybe it's in the sub-folder "Roland" in the Components?

Andrejs
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

locojohn wrote:This rocks! And it works for me, confirmed! If only I was able to load and save user presets... Also doesn't seem to recognize new sounds in user expansion slots...
Great, that's the experience i'm getting too, i think i can get all that running but it's going to take a bit of time! :)
stevel

Post by stevel »

Skijumptoes wrote:It should just load just as you would a software instrument in reaper, perhaps your plugin list needs updating in reaper, either restart the machine, or right click where you load the plugins and select "scan for new plugins" ?

I'm guessing that Reaper is set to use audio units? If not, i may be able to mod the VST version also.
Reaper seems pretty intuitive about this stuff - so yeah I put it in both the Plug-Ins folders - the System one and the Users one. I made sure I added those paths to the search directories (and there are other component plugs that are in those folders that do show up) and scanned for the plug-ins.

Doesn't seem to find it.

I didn't restart so I'll try that next, but it's possible it just isn't recognized on 10.6.8
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Few changes made recently, forgot to upload:-

Fixes
  • o PCM-D PRST - Kits Fixed

o SN-A PRST - All presets Fixed

o SN-D PRST - All presets Fixed

o SN-S PRST - All presets Fixed

o PCM-S PRST - 1 outstanding Preset Fixed

o Part Solo - Now Working

o Tone MFX and MFX Control - Now working

o SysEx Bulk send (Utility menu of the FA) should update plugin based on your studio set now.

o User tones when selected on the FA now update their state to the plugin so you can edit.

Outstanding Issues
  • o 'Read' option not working

o Cannot work out how the user patches read in yet (Related to above)

o Studio Set Common Parameters (Like Reverb/Chorus etc. not responding)

o Studio Set - Key Range can't be set via plugins

o No EXP Waveform or Tone Support (Only PCM tones affected by this) - Integra has INT and not INT-A/B banks, plus EXP's are all onboard, so this may be tricky to rectify as the core addressing is quite different.

Link (Remains the same):-

It's possible i can roll these mods out to the vst versions (Au and Win) if anyone is interested please let me know and i'll look into it, although i think LiPL's editor will be a better option for win/linux users, as he's done a great job with that here:- viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54741&start=15#p307134
neomad

Post by neomad »

Amazing. Thanks. I will try.

With FA07 out there Roland should provide an official editor. For live performers as myself, to alter studiosets for setlists is a pain in the....

Should be pretty cheap to adapt Integra7 to FA. In the meantime this looks great.
Thanks again mate