Arpeggiator in Studio Set Mode

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
vicwoods

Arpeggiator in Studio Set Mode

Post by vicwoods »

Hi all

Two Questions:

1. With the Arpeggio button latched, no sounds. What button have I got pressed that I shouldn't have? With the button unlatched - sounds.
2. In Studio Set Mode, the 'ARP' button. If I am splitting my keyboard across all 16 sounds, if the ARP button is latched, does that trigger the arpeggiator on those tracks only? Here's the scenario: FA-06 in a live situation playing 'Pop Muzik' by 'M'. I want part of the keyboard for bassline, part for the brass stabs, and the upper part to play single finger arp patterns for the second verse bit. Can it play separately?

Need to get the notes coming out in arpeggio mode first. HELP!

Vic
Skijumptoes

Re: Arpeggiator in Studio Set Mode

Post by Skijumptoes »

1. Maybe your FA is set to external MIDI clock is why the Arp isn't working? It needs a tempo value to operate.

2. By using the ARP column in studio sets/part view you can assign which Parts will utilise the Arp. But, there is only one arp that can be used at a time on the FA, so all parts which are assigned to use it (i.e. ARP = YES) will be using the same Arp pattern.

FYI:- If you want multi-arps for live performance then the Yamaha MOXF/MODX ranges are the most well renown for this kind of functionality, you can have different arp playing bass, different arp playing brass etc. sadly the FA isn't capable of such functions.

However, you can record the Arp into the sequencer on the FA, which it's main usage. But no help if you're playing live.
vicwoods

Re: Arpeggiator in Studio Set Mode

Post by vicwoods »

Cheers buddy. V helpful. Appreciate that

Vic