Disable some of the control knobs?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
whitmorgyquan

Disable some of the control knobs?

Post by whitmorgyquan »

Hi all, I made the mistake of keeping some foam padding putting pressure on some of the control knobs (top left) while moving and now I have two going wonky (if I touch it it will jump +/-10 without stopping). From what I read the problem is from the connection getting worn down and can be serviced but...

Is there a way to disable some of these knobs? Like in the first sequence, disable Knob 2 for Resonance as it always goes crazy if I accidentally bump it.

Another option might be setting universal Assign 1,2,3,etc parameters (I really just want to be able to quickly adjust cutoff/resonance for most sounds quickly)- any idea how to do that?

Can I even adjust these parameters in the menu somewhere? Like the effects knob is broken too so I can't select one without it rapidly jumping between other effects.

Thanks.
Joe P

Re: Disable some of the control knobs?

Post by Joe P »

Whit,
Some info in this thread might help:

viewtopic.php?t=55571&p=311364

In particular perhaps this:

For your Sound Modify Knobs question, I'm pretty sure the FA will retain the row that is selected when you turn it off. So you could select the Assign row, and assign each Knob to "Off".

I can sympathize with you, because I have been victimized by accidental EQ and Portamento settings via these knobs!

Good luck!
Joe
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Maybe with D-BEAM?
whitmorgyquan

Post by whitmorgyquan »

Thank you both for your quick replies!

And advice to anyone please be careful with the knobs, never should have any pressure on them from what I can gather they switched from lead to acrylic for the contact point and it made it weaker