critical os updates

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
davidlamb

critical os updates

Post by davidlamb »

I love my rolan fa0y6, but I think we need new os updates....Critical, because it's supposed we have a workstation...but they don't implement copy part from an studio set, even between others studio set, I´ll feel let down...I hard to understand how they haven't implemented yet...its crazy!! It's a basic function in a workstation!! Im very sad not having this feature available.
we also need be able restart an s.s. not only a tone....an individual program can be restarted and you can copy partials, but not on studio sets.
we also need resampling between pads!!
we also need more exp expansions working at the same time.At least 4.
thank you everybody!
stevel

Re: critical os updates

Post by stevel »

davidlamb wrote:I love my rolan fa0y6, but I think we need new os updates....Critical, because it's supposed we have a workstation...but they don't implement copy part from an studio set, even between others studio set, I´ll feel let down...I hard to understand how they haven't implemented yet...its crazy!! It's a basic function in a workstation!! Im very sad not having this feature available.
we also need be able restart an s.s. not only a tone....an individual program can be restarted and you can copy partials, but not on studio sets.
we also need resampling between pads!!
we also need more exp expansions working at the same time.At least 4.
thank you everybody!
Some of these just can't be done. It's hardware, not software. Besides, it was already an extreme value for the money, plus the additional EXPs that Roland provides. Roland's not going to just upgrade everything for free. They've got other projects they're working on now.

I'd much rather have the velocity on the black keys work right.

Someone else would rather have the ability to control volume on 2 parts separately with the knobs.

It'd be nice to have Sync on the oscillators. Instead you have to use a sampled Sync waveform.

But it does so much for so little money (comparatively speaking) - it's a jack of many trades, not a master of everything!
o.durmusoglu

Post by o.durmusoglu »

I have an
Fa06,
and JDXA
and Casio AT-3 (200USD, the cheapest but WITH SONG SEQUENCER).

I believe Roland must revise the software inside the FA06 and JDXA just to include the song sequencer.

It is only a simple software issue.

I can't understand why they missed it. We, users, do need it!!.
stevel

Post by stevel »

o.durmusoglu wrote:I have an
Fa06,
and JDXA
and Casio AT-3 (200USD, the cheapest but WITH SONG SEQUENCER).

I believe Roland must revise the software inside the FA06 and JDXA just to include the song sequencer.

It is only a simple software issue.

I can't understand why they missed it. We, users, do need it!!.
Well, we need to all band together and write terrible reviews of the FAs and send messages to Roland we want these things fixed. We also all swear to not buy any single Roland product again ever.

How many of us are willing to do that? I want to go on Sweetwater's site and warn people not to buy this keyboard unless they full understand its limitations.
RoDi

Post by RoDi »

Just to avoid misunderstandings for people who might read this topic:

The FA-06/08 was released 2014. In 2017 Roland provided a firmware 2.0, which brought a few new features. This version received several bugfixes. The latest was Jan. 2019. Beside that there were some additional releases of new boards like FA-07 and the all black key versions.

There is nothing wrong with the FA's firmware and features. Although it has its limitations (worst of all it is not a Fantom), the FA-series is still a bargain.

Regards,
RoDi
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

If it had been my main premium board i would say it’s not sufficient. Rolands interface for managing files and patches has been crude and restrictive since the dawn of time. They always have promising ideas but never get the UI or software side of synths and workstations right. However i managed to get the FA08 for £470 i added some 3rd party overlays to it and for the price i can not complain at all and it’s very sufficient for what i need. Sure i would love the RD2000 keybed on it but for the price i paid i get what i need from this. One thing that amazes me is there doesn’t seem to be a lot of user patches out there to get beyond Axial. I also wished they would have opened up the OS to allow third party waveforms to be imported beyond Rolands expansions.