FA-06/07/08 Editor for Windows

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
harmonizer

Re: FA-06/07/08 Editor for Windows

Post by harmonizer »

Will this software correctly handle studio sets which include fine tuning of the different notes of the scale within a single part of a studio set? (I have actually done this to keep within the limit of 16 parts per studio set, for some heavily customized studio sets which allow me to fire off multiple notes for different keys on a MIDI footpedal controller).
neomad

Post by neomad »

harmonizer wrote:Will this software correctly handle studio sets which include fine tuning of the different notes of the scale within a single part of a studio set? (I have actually done this to keep within the limit of 16 parts per studio set, for some heavily customized studio sets which allow me to fire off multiple notes for different keys on a MIDI footpedal controller).
This software is free, provided with a lot of hard work from a forum member so I am not sure he can contemplate the needs of everyone... it worth a try and feedback I believe...
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

harmonizer wrote:Will this software correctly handle studio sets which include fine tuning of the different notes of the scale within a single part of a studio set? (I have actually done this to keep within the limit of 16 parts per studio set, for some heavily customized studio sets which allow me to fire off multiple notes for different keys on a MIDI footpedal controller).
If I understood, you want to change pitch for each note individually, right ?

If so, this is not related to PC Editor, however, have you tried to use the Scale Tune tab for each part ?
ScaleTune.png
ScaleTune.png (97.33 KiB) Viewed 8126 times
Thanks.
harmonizer

Post by harmonizer »

What I have done is not a normal thing. You can hit the limit of 16 parts per studio set pretty quickly if you are trying to make 3-note chords play by pressing a different single "white keys" on a MIDI footpedal controller. You end up with many parts whose ranges are mapped to only a single key. Some parts I can make have wider range of 3 or 4 keys (thus reducing the number of parts needed by 1 or 2), because their relative shifts in semitones are the same. I discovered a trick I can use in the XV-5050 and FA-07 to extend this, where I shift an entire part up 50 cents (half a semitone), and then for each note in that part I use fine-tuning of the scale to either knock it down by 50 cents, or up by 50 cents. This allows me to have certain notes within a single part be shifted by a half step from the rest of the notes in that part.
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hello All:

New release available!

[December, 19th, 2020] - Version 1.2.1.0
- New Envelope Chart Edition widget
- New Helper System, F1 pressed in everywhere will show related contents over FA and Editor documentation PDFs
- New automatic version and donation checking in About window
- New SDCard Report of Contents - List of Songs x Names x Studio Sets
- Improved constants database handling
- Improved Parameter Data Grids for multiple selected parameters (Chorus, Reverb)
- Improved Parameter Database list with:
- new fields
- new widget - Envelop Chart for Pitch/TVA/TVF parameters
- tooltip balloons to show data info
- Improved Library Report with new parameters - report updated in User Library folder

Cheers!
frankerector

Post by frankerector »

OMG!

This would be amazing if I could use it on my Macbook Pro_____
frankerector

Post by frankerector »

Can I use this on my MacBook Pro?

Frank
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

frankerector wrote: 18:08, 21 March 2021 Can I use this on my MacBook Pro?
This version is only for Windows, but another version for Mac is under development:
https://youtu.be/iDJCGMMVtKA

Thanks.
neomad

Post by neomad »

Hi, I would like to congratulate the programmer of this beauty. I am a mac user, but I use a 10 years old PC and this editor rocks. Amazing stuff. I will send you a donation right away.

I wish to use this editor as librarian, to move, store and play with studio sets and tones. Hope that I can find what I am looking for.

Again, thanks. You rock man !
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hello
neomad wrote: 14:15, 20 May 2021
Thanks bro! This make me motivated to continue working on it.
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hello:

I've released a beta version 1.2.2.0 to improve accessibility for visually impaired users of FA Workstation.

dl.orangedox.com/FAEditorInstall

Release Notes:
https://dl.orangedox.com/FAEditorInstal ... TL_tknRRIQ

Cheers!
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

Hi tchelomgf, thanks for your hard work. I am curious about this new release. It am in no way visually impaired, but I found the current interface a bit too overwhelming with all the possibilities. I am hoping that the new interface will be a bit easier for old guys like myself.... ;-)
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Paul99 wrote: 16:33, 7 June 2021I am hoping that the new interface will be a bit easier for old guys like myself.... ;-)
Hi Paul, what is exactly hard for you to use the Editor? Could you give me more details?

Thanks,
Marcelo.
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

Hi Marcelo,

First again, thank you for you great work in making this program! And also for the great effort to you did to make a manual!

What I find hard is the overwhelming amount of possibilities. It makes me afraid I might screw up things with my FA. I know it probably sounds a bit silly since I do make regular backups of all my settings. It is more that I do not know what is happening under the hood.
The only thing I really would like to be able to is organizing my StudioSets. For example: I would like to transport StudioSets I have created in the past for songs we do not play anymore to the back of the numbers. For example I started with StudioSet number 1, and now I do not use it anymore. I would like to transfer that StudioSet number 1 to for example StudioSet number 901. And so on. So just rearrange StudioSets. Considering all the things that are possible with your program, I only need a small thing out of it and as I say, I am afraid I might screw up things because I don't know if I have to load/save All, System, or StudioSets.....so I did not dare to use it....
neomad

Post by neomad »

To be frank, same here, this editor is extremely powerful and I am lost with the huge possibilities.

I am doing exactly the same, trying to organize studio sets (I have a small gig tomorrow and I was trying to sort the studio sets in the same maner than the songs) but I ended up doing it manually.