FA-06/07/08 Editor for Windows

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
neomad

Re: FA-06/07/08 Editor for Windows

Post by neomad »

By the way, unless I am doing something wrong, I believe that I found a bug: after reading all my studiosets from 001 till 300, I clicked in export to file. Only the first 99 records get exported, then software crashes
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

neomad wrote: 13:32, 10 June 2021 To be frank, same here, this editor is extremely powerful and I am lost with the huge possibilities.

I am doing exactly the same, trying to organize studio sets (I have a small gig tomorrow and I was trying to sort the studio sets in the same maner than the songs) but I ended up doing it manually.
Well, with a gig it is not so important for me because I then use the favorites. That works fine. But on regular practice times it is a lot of searching with all the not used StudioSets.

To clarify one more time: I am very grateful for people like you Marcelo spending a lot of time making this software. It is just that I am a bit clumsy and probably not so smart to being able to use this fine program!
neomad

Post by neomad »

Marcelo did a great job. He did was Roland did not. Only fot the time invested and his altruist behavior he deserves respect and recognition.

Paul in my case, I have 30 songs to perform tomorrow night. I’ve just saved the setlist in order to new slots.

I do not know if we will have another update ever, but an organize function combining some keys should be fantastic.

Coming back to editor, between Marcelo’s editor and Candy ipad editor, we are pretty much covered. A librarian is missing. (Midi quest where are you guys?)
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

neomad wrote: 17:59, 10 June 2021 Marcelo did a great job. He did was Roland did not. Only fot the time invested and his altruist behavior he deserves respect and recognition.

Paul in my case, I have 30 songs to perform tomorrow night. I’ve just saved the setlist in order to new slots.

I do not know if we will have another update ever, but an organize function combining some keys should be fantastic.

Coming back to editor, between Marcelo’s editor and Candy ipad editor, we are pretty much covered. A librarian is missing. (Midi quest where are you guys?)
Yes I agree, Marcelo did a great job indeed!

About your 30 songs: in stead of using new StudioSets, why not use the favorites? It is what is was designed for: for gigs. I find it very handy!
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Paul an Neomad,

The editor only access a temporary memory on FA, does not matter what you do, data will only be saved in FA after you press Write button, so, enjoy it without fear. On doubt, use read all and send all to keep all settings together.

Is not recommended to rewrite studio sets as you want, it is too complex and dangerous to loose settings.

You can create a list of favorites studio sets using SHIFT +Favorite button, simple and fast.

Or, use a companion app on a tablet to get all your notations, songs and performances organized, to setup FA via MIDI in just one click. I use Setlist Maker, but there are so many options like Bandhelper, OnSong, Camelot,....

I hope I could help you,
Marcelo.
Paul99

Post by Paul99 »

tchelomgf wrote: 02:11, 11 June 2021 Paul an Neomad,

Is not recommended to rewrite studio sets as you want, it is too complex and dangerous to loose settings.
Hmm, that's what I was afraid of. What settings might possibly get lost?
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

For example, you can overwrite or miss some studio set. ..
McDEATH

Post by McDEATH »

tchelomgf wrote: 02:11, 11 June 2021 Paul an Neomad,

Or, use a companion app on a tablet to get all your notations, songs and performances organized, to setup FA via MIDI in just one click. I use Setlist Maker, but there are so many options like Bandhelper, OnSong, Camelot,....

I hope I could help you,
Marcelo.
Heyhoo Marcelo,

Sorry for my Bad Englisch....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT EDITOR!!!
Great Work, ...fantastic!!!

I had a little journey with my FA-06 ...as i got him, i search the WEB for "APPs" ...like the INTEGRA-7 App for iPad, by Roland!
I read....and read...and found out...."There is NO APP available" for the Roland FA Series"
OK...than i search "eBay" for a "WNA-1100 RL" WLAN Dongle... i found the NetGear Version, works no Problem...!

BUT.............????

There is - NO APP OUT THERE - i can use with the - WNA-1100 - Wlan Dongle...the JUNO-Air Recorder No Longer Supportet
since iOS 11 ....."How Crazy is that" .......absolutly NO APP for the "WNA-1100" ....really???

This is a a good Technologie, WLAN-Stick Insert and Record on the Fly....BUT...NO APP ANYMORE????
I search and seek the whole WEB to find something out....but nothing....

Than i read your Post here....!
What means this, what i put above in the "Quotes" ....with "Bandhelper, OnSong...and so on....
Work this Apps with the "WNA-1100" WLAN Dongle?
I check them out what they do....

Have you a Idea if there is any use for the "WNA-1100" anymore....for what is the Dongle good today
,...when no APP is Awailable anymore, i have no clue???

Thanks Marcelo !!!
McDEATH

Post by McDEATH »

tchelomgf wrote: 00:06, 12 June 2021 For example, you can overwrite or miss some studio set. ..
I Install Your New Beta ... i don't Testet with the FA, i only start the App,
its to late, ...but the Editor go open, it runs!

Looks Great Man!

You have done alot inside, TFX is there...WOW!!!
And Master FX too

Thank You Marcelo ...i was really sad, about the FA, ...NO APP at all, NO APP for the WNA-1100 RL

But YOU bring out a FA Editor .... its a "Hammer" !

Marcelo, have you any clue what i can do with that "WNA-1100" Wlan Dongle?
Is there a "AiR Recorder" ...i can't find any APP for that WLAN Dongle!?

Best Regards
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

This is a waste of money, useless, abandoned by Roland...

I've tried to find specs in the WEB, willing to develop something with it, but there's nothing for FA.

By the way, it is just an ordinary wifi dongle, you can use in any old PC to have wireless internet on it, and it is not necessary to use WNAxxxx specific, you can use any other cheaper chinese wifi dongle...
McDEATH

Post by McDEATH »

tchelomgf wrote: 00:57, 13 June 2021
This is a waste of money, useless, abandoned by Roland...

I've tried to find specs in the WEB, willing to develop something with it, but there's nothing for FA.

By the way, it is just an ordinary wifi dongle, you can use in any old PC to have wireless internet on it, and it is not necessary to use WNAxxxx specific, you can use any other cheaper chinese wifi dongle...
Hey Marcelo,
Thanks for Reply!

That's what i feared for ...the WNA is abandoned....tztztz...???
I saw this Dongle can only Handle "WEB" Keying! ... so its the first "UN-SAVE" Standard, right...
I think thats the Reason...its attackable by Virus and Hacking ....
But to "STREAM" Audio from the Keyboard to a Digital Recorder, ...and you "Offline" while it is a HOT-SPOT...???
Ahhh Shame on Roland ...
I loved that idea to Stream with the WNA to other Device's ... Crazy that Roland left that Technic behind, can't understand Roland!?!??

With that PC Action what i can do with the WNA, yes that is clear... Thanks Marcelo!

I search for a "REAL GOOD" Metal Distortion Guitar ... as a SN-S SuperNUTRAL Instrument...is there something out?
I search for...but i can find anyone.

To Program the E-Guitars inside the FA...i get better Sound than this what is available...but NOT like "Rammstein" Guitars,
you know what i mean? The Distortion Guitars inside the FA came from the 1998 Standard Quality!
Bass Guitar, Steel Guitar and Drums inside the FA are "AWESOME!!!!" ...But the E-Guitar...is poor and Sucks!

I Hope when you add a "PCM-Sound Editor" inside your FA-Editor, it makes it simple to Edit...but???
But i think the "Parcials" of the FA maybe not good enough to Edit such a E-Guitar, for what i reach out for...or??

Have you a Clue about that "Distortion Guitars" ...only for Heavy Riffing, not for Solo!

Yesterday i got the Idea to test that with the - "IFX" - and the MFX together ... maybe "Distortion FX -> Amp Sim" ?
There is a "Guitar Amp Sim ...with all a Guitar need" ...but the Sound is at the End too Crisp and Harsh ...
NO Rammstein, BAMM, BAMM Low End Heavyness ....

Sorry for Question you Holes in your Stormag ;-)

When i find something about the "WNA-1100 RL" how that Stick Work, Protocol or something like that,
i will send it to you or give you a LINK to that info! When i found something.....

Maybe i have the Time to Test today your NEW "BETA" ...its AWESOME Marcelo ...i understand the Software!
ITS A SHAME that so LESS People here have an Interessed for your "FA-Editor" ...i belief the most DON'T know that!

I Found yopur FA-Editor at the point 100+, at the Search Resaults by YouTube...and while i bored and search further
...and through "coincidence" i found your "Trailer Video" for the FA-Editor!

And i'm ONLY HERE in the Roland Forum, while i have found Your FA-Editor! Sure, its true, i'm a mamber since Yesterday!!!
I Put Your FA-Editor on my FB-Page ...but my Reach-Around is not as big!
When there is the possibility i inform the People about your "FA-Editor"
YOU MERIT MORE ATTENTION to your Work Mercelo you have done a "AWESOME" Job!!!
When this FA-Editor is Ready, than you have done a "MASTER PIECE!" of Software!!!

But is sadly a bit too late...the Roland FANTOM the NEW one...Unbelievable Keyboard Workstation, i think the FA is
near by the FANTOM.....by the Sound you can Produce with the FA.
Its only the Handling between this two Keyboards ...and the IN/OUTs posibilities.

Yes i'm here and a Member only about YOU Mercelo, about your FA-Editor!!!

Have a nice Day!
McDEATH

Post by McDEATH »

tchelomgf wrote: 00:57, 13 June 2021
Marcelo, ....
I made a little Donation ...!!

The FA-Editor is Awesome!
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

McDEATH wrote: 10:52, 17 June 2021 I made a little Donation ...!!

The FA-Editor is Awesome!
Thank you so much! This keeping me motivated to go on!

Regarding to your patch for guitar, I could not help you, hope you have found a solution.

Cheers!
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

Hi, new release:

https://dl.orangedox.com/FAEditorInstall

[July, 19th, 2021] - Version 1.2.2.1
Minor Improvements:
- Studio Set selection
------ Sync FA and Editor
------ Show info when selected
- More information about Studio Set on Reports