laptop shelf for keyboard stand

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Duffin

laptop shelf for keyboard stand

Post by Duffin »

Any suggestions for a laptop shelf for a double "X" type keyboard stand?
I have seen the attachments for a second tier for a keyboard but they are too wide for a laptop without a ..shelf used.
there are also small pads for tablets but these are too small for a 15" laptop

WOW that's a large image of the stand........

Audioengine

Re: laptop shelf for keyboard stand

Post by Audioengine »

Hey Duffin,
My firend just "clips" a 1"x12"x3' board on top of the attachment.
Bare, paint, or stain, you can customize it.

The other common solution is to buy a separate laptop stand that you can put on the side.
This is more stable since it is detached. At least for me who tends to crush the keys while playing.
Duffin

Post by Duffin »

Solved the problem by buying a Tablet and an adjustable tablet/phone holder that works with the "x" stand
blotchy

Post by blotchy »

I have a stand extender to stack a 2nd keyboard on (my stand looks the same as yours, an X style one). On the extender stand, i have it mostly or all level, and put a small board there where my laptop can sit. That gave me a synthy setup in case i want to bring a smaller usb controller instead of my full-sized FA-08. But I think it could look pretty dorky seeing the back of a laptop on stage -- at least for my usual genres. (If you were doing some techno noone would be surprised.)

Yea, a tablet would be nice I suppose, I haven't yet gotten one, plus I got a retired laptop to be the synth, so it's nice i'm sometimes squeezing more use out of it.
Duffin

Post by Duffin »

blotchy wrote: 15:46, 12 January 2022 Yea, a tablet would be nice I suppose,
Much easier for me than having the laptop above the keyboard.....tablet is just the right position for song charts and tutorials and touch screen is easy to scroll and pause/replay....works for me. cheers