Fantom just got organ updates. Any chance on FA?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Audioengine

Fantom just got organ updates. Any chance on FA?

Post by Audioengine »

The virtual tonewheel on fantom's updated firmware looks very promising. One can't resist hoping it will flow down to the FA series? One more update, good people of Roland, please?
blotchy

Re: Fantom just got organ updates. Any chance on FA?

Post by blotchy »

Did you explore the available expansion packs? I really ended up liking some of the organ tones i found on one of them.
Audioengine

Post by Audioengine »

Yes they are. Check out the live controls on fantom.
Pericles

Post by Pericles »

I just saw this video on YouTube about loading Integra sounds into the FA series keyboard, it's by Ed Diaz: "Easter egg!! How to load Integra sounds into the FA06/08". Check the Integra sounds in the Axial website and see if you like some of them. Hope this helps 🙂
keydude4u2

Post by keydude4u2 »

I use my FA-07 in tonewheel organ mode, and when combining that with the onboard fx, have no issue with the organs. If I didn't use my synths for anything BUT organ, I suppose I'd go buy a Ventilator or something similar, but I'm overall very impressed with what Roland HAS packed in there for the price.
neomad

Post by neomad »

Same here, Organ engine works fantastic if you do not use the in internal leslie/rotary. I bought a decent leslie pedal, I route the organ sound to the SUB out, then out to pedal, then to mixer, then finish. This beast rocks since.

The leslie/rotary FX is by far the weakest (I would say useless) part of FA organ engine, IMHO.