Anywhere to get studio sets/sound patches for 70s/80s arena rock standards?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
mwtzzz

Anywhere to get studio sets/sound patches for 70s/80s arena rock standards?

Post by mwtzzz »

I'm getting into a new band and and they gave me this set list:

Double Vision, Jane, Separate Ways, Stone in Love, Jessie’s Girl, Your Love, Everybody Wants You, Too Much Time on My Hands

Anyone know where I can get studio sets (or just the sound banks) for these? I've been looking online but not finding anything.

A couple of them are standard rock organ, so I've got that covered. A couple others don't even have keyboards at all, so no worries there I'll just use a soft pad or piano. But the rest have very iconic and recognizable keyboard parts so I'd like to match them as close as possible.

thanks!
-mike
mwtzzz

Re: Anywhere to get studio sets/sound patches for 70s/80s arena rock standards?

Post by mwtzzz »

I'm gonna answer my own question. I found this:
https://dl.orangedox.com/FAEditorInstal ... QfX54vYssd

Bought it, downloaded it, sent a couple of his User sound sets to my synth and they sound good, and it looks like he's got all bases covered. So I think this fits the bill.

I'll give a report later once I spend more time with it.
mwtzzz

Post by mwtzzz »

FYI, I'm brand new to the FA. Literally just got it yesterday. I've been using Junos, D-50, JD-Xi previously.
I've played a little with a couple of that guy's patches on the FA-06 this morning. They sound great so far. If the rest of them sound just as good, it's well worth the $12 for his software.
tchelomgf

Post by tchelomgf »

mwtzzz wrote: 19:24, 5 February 2022 I'll give a report later once I spend more time with it.
Hello budy, I'm anxious to have your feedback about my collection... Do not forget to check my FA Editor also!

Cheers!
mwtzzz

Post by mwtzzz »

tchelomgf wrote: 23:37, 6 February 2022 Hello budy, I'm anxious to have your feedback about my collection... Do not forget to check my FA Editor also!
It's excellent. I'm using your studio sets and also the FA Editor also. I'm using it with the USB cable which has the added bonus of hearing both my computer (youtube) and the keyboard at the same time on one pair of headphones.

The studio sets are very good. Separate Ways, TFF, and many of the other sounds nail it spot on. And your organ and piano sets are excellent.

Do you have a patch for Too Much Time on my Hands (Styx)? There's two different synth parts in the opening - a sweep wind, and the opening keyboard riff which starts out in octaves in A.

Can you create a studio set for this? I'll send you some dollars. I don't have time to fiddle with it myself.

And while I'm on the subject, I might as well ask for Everybody Wants you (Billy Squier) - there's two parts, the opening special fx sweep motorcycle sound, and then an organ patch