Weird effect on lower split

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
plaswuff

Weird effect on lower split

Post by plaswuff »

Hi there,

I'm using a keyboard split but the lower part has extra sustain or reverb or something prolonging the note. The upper and lower parts sound noticeably different even when the same instrument is selected. I've attached a video to explain. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Many thanks :)
Attachments
20230111_141755.mp4
Weird split
(16.47 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
Joe P

Re: Weird effect on lower split

Post by Joe P »

Plas, take a look at shift+part view for the lower part and see if you can shorten the decay, that might do the trick.

Good luck,
Joe
xp30

Post by xp30 »

plaswuff wrote: 15:19, 11 January 2023 I'm using a keyboard split but the lower part has extra sustain or reverb or something prolonging the note. The upper and lower parts sound noticeably different even when the same instrument is selected. I've attached a video to explain. Any ideas on why this might be happening?
Are you starting from one of the preset studio sets, for example the very first one ("Preview")? That might explain it, because most preset studio sets contain a lot of zone-specific overrides, including "Preview", for which the overrides are rather confusing.

I would recommend to create your own "Preview" studio set as starting point. Initialize a studio set, store it in an easy to find user location, and consider going to the system settings and making this studio set the one that will be loaded automatically when turning on the keyboard.
plaswuff

Post by plaswuff »

You were 100% correct xp30 my man, thank you very much :)