FA-08 Get More Authentic Acoustic Grand Piano Sounds !

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
keysmach1

FA-08 Get More Authentic Acoustic Grand Piano Sounds !

Post by keysmach1 »

Ok FA-08 or series owners for me this is ground breaking. After 5yrs of owning an FA, experimenting with the acoustic grand piano samplings, supra-natural, etc.... finally got a much cleaner, un-tinny, un-muddy sound acoustic output through my QSC 12" 'speakers!!
Its in the equ-ing ! I simply ran my 5 yr old FA -08 direct into a decades old Alesis M230 2 channel - 31Band EQ, adjusted the tinny mid-ranges out and adjusted some of the high freq.'s, ran it through my small Mackie Pro sub-mixer (stereo channels & while "turning off the Mackie EQ"), to thru the QSC 12" speaker and like sounds as near an acoustic grand as I've ever had from a digital keybrd. For a $50.00 EQ investment now have a thousands of $$ fix to get excellent grand piano sounds. To bad Roland didn't install this level of EQing originally.
Some of you might already have known this but I've never seen it mentioned here. Thought it would help.
Cheers
Paul99

Re: FA-08 Get More Authentic Acoustic Grand Piano Sounds !

Post by Paul99 »

Just curious: what EQ settings do you use? Is it not reproducible with the FA's internal EQ?
tripi

Re: FA-08 Get More Authentic Acoustic Grand Piano Sounds !

Post by tripi »

I've found the a few of the grand piano sounds from the exp 09 pack very good!