Midi doesn't work?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
JonBristol

Midi doesn't work?

Post by JonBristol »

I have had my Fa07 for some time and only just needed to use midi controller for logic. And it doesn't work!?

And reading online it seems that it simply does not work on any model.

This is astonishing to me. It wasn't a main reason for buying it but I would not have bought it had I known it doesn't work on any model.

If they know this, then how can they say it can be used as a midi controller!?
Cenobite

Re: Midi doesn't work?

Post by Cenobite »

If I understand what you need then try this.

https://support.roland.com/hc/en-us/art ... ntrol-Mode
JonBristol

Post by JonBristol »

Ahh ok thank you. Hopefully that will work
JonBristol

Post by JonBristol »

Okay I have only just got round to trying it. I have installed what was posted to me. It still doesnt work.

So I have installed the driver. I have pressed DAW CONTROL on the Roland FA07. I open Logic Pro and go to instruments, and there is nothing when hit the keys.

I don't know what other info I can give other than that. Hopefully I have done something wrong and it will work if someone can please suggest something.
9blackoranges

Post by 9blackoranges »

Hi JonBristol,
I have seen your post before but have not replied waiting to see if the earlier post helped. Obviously that an No.

You have given very little detail, so I did not and don't know were to start. The FA DOES work as a MIDI controller with most DAW's and LIMITED DAW control with several.

Can you start by giving some details of your equipment and how they are set up/inter-connected.

Secondly, WHAT WORKS? Forget about trying to control the various overall controls in ProLogic (Start/Stop/Volume/Pan/Loop etc). What can you do using the keyboard as a simple midi keyboard with your DAW??
Playing keyboard with sounds coming from stock sounds in your DAW and plug-ins?
Playing keyboard and multiple tracks sounding in tandem using DAW sounds.
Using FA keyboard and sounds playing live from your FA and from DAW sounds in tandem?
Recording keyboard playing as midi tracks in your DAW.
Sending audio from FA and recording the audio in your DAW.
Sending mdi tracks from your DAW to the FA so the FA plays the sounds using FA's sounds.

Should be able to do these without setting DAW control too ON. Leave OFF.

If/when you can do these then the DAW control aspects can be considered.

Would be good if you could also set-out WHAT ACTUAL LEVEL OF DAW CONTROL YOU ARE SEEKING? It will not provide the very detailed level of control dedicated keyboard controllers give ( like Arturia or Novation can with say Ableton).

I will try to help but at the moment I am working blind.