Selecting Bank 2

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
stewbow

Selecting Bank 2

Post by stewbow »

Hi guys
I'm creating Studio Sets for each song, and that's working really well.
I have imported so far about 12 samples.
for example, Another brick in the world, the kids singing "we don't need no education" I have assigned to bottom C, "we don't need no thought control" C sharp and so on for the next 4 notes, works great proving I hit the right note at the right time!!!!
Another song School by Supertramp I have set the keyboard up with 3 different zones for different sounds, but I want to assign a recorded mp3 loop to bottom C, but that position is already taken up by the brick in the wall kids.
I have placed this mp3 recording in Bank 2 Slot 1.
My question is how do I assign it to Track 16 bottom C. It always seems to be looking at Bank 1 and I want it to see Bank 2??

or is it staring me in he face!!!!!
9blackoranges

Re: Selecting Bank 2

Post by 9blackoranges »

Hi,

Quick reply. You cant set Bank 2 to play on bottom C.

The 64 pads are fixed to play on the first 64 keys starting at Bottom C and going up..so Bank 1 goes from bottom C...up the first 16 keys...then Bank 2 up the next 16 keys etc.

Why not play the Pads them selves instead of the keys..playing the Pads will ensure each volume is constant as they have no dynamic element, unlike the keys which will play louder or softer depending how hard you hit them.

If you want to keep using bottom C as your 'base' just save each 'Song' as a different Studio Set and/or Song.

By the way, You can use any Track for the pads it does have to be Track 16. Just toggle the Midi/Pad option on the left hand side.

Cheers