making this sound... how to

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
pitcher23

making this sound... how to

Post by pitcher23 »

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/DMPZvWqELkM

I own an Fa-06 and was wondering if anyone has or can come close to this getting this sound as I think it's pretty neat.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
P
thedecider

Re: making this sound... how to

Post by thedecider »

Hi there, I'd recommend creating a studio set (click split and dual simultaneously), then using 2 of your 16 zones create a basic layer to create this sleepy pad from the video.

In the first zone, I'd search for a soft pad in the "Synth->Pad" presets. When played, it will give you the lush undertone of the sound and will sustain as you hold a chord.

In the second zone, I'd search in the "Synth->Leads" or "Synth->Polykeys"for something like Tekno or Trance keys. There are a handful in there, and if I recall, they are numbered. Once you get the plucky techno sound, press shift and then on the screen click the button for effects edit. There, you'll want to select and enable a delay. There is a decent 2-tap and 3-tap delay built into the FA. Give them a try and then adjust to taste so you get the desired sound.

You may also want to go Shift->Part View and jump to the screen where you can turn up the Reverb and Chorus sends to give it a larger sound.

Hope that helps!