Sampler 5 button defaults to higher octave

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
stevgil

Sampler 5 button defaults to higher octave

Post by stevgil »

Can anyone help. I'm not that good on these things, but I'm adding sounds on the 1-16 sample buttons. The first 4 work OK in the right register but when I add something to the 5 button it's always an octave higher. Most of these are acoustic pianos and EPs but anything I add to the 5 sample button always defaults to a higher octave. I've looked and compared but cannot see what might be causing this. I've saved this under my User Studio Set and the icon keys show a full keyboard just like the others. Anybody got any ideas what might be causing this?
Many thanks
xp30

Re: Sampler 5 button defaults to higher octave

Post by xp30 »

stevgil wrote: 17:48, 25 August 2023 I'm adding sounds on the 1-16 sample buttons. The first 4 work OK in the right register but when I add something to the 5 button it's always an octave higher. Most of these are acoustic pianos and EPs but anything I add to the 5 sample button always defaults to a higher octave. I've looked and compared but cannot see what might be causing this. I've saved this under my User Studio Set and the icon keys show a full keyboard just like the others. Anybody got any ideas what might be causing this?
I can not follow, and I wonder if that is because of the used terminology. If I replace a number of words with other words, then I could make some sense out of it. For example:
I'm adding sounds on the parts 1-16, and I select the parts with the pads in part select mode. The first 4 work OK in the right register but when I add something to the 5th part it's always an octave higher. Most of these are acoustic pianos and EPs but anything I add to the 5th part always defaults to a higher octave.
If this is the issue, then the first question is: How do you start? Do you start from an initialized studio set? Try to initialize the studio set, and check if you still can reproduce the issue.