TB-3 start via midi

Forum for Aira
Jonpigrem

TB-3 start via midi

Post by Jonpigrem »

Hi all,

I am trying to start my tb3 with a trigger signal from logic. Any ideas how to do this? I also what to set the tempo of the tb3 to sync with the logic tempo.
Synthtron

Re: TB-3 start via midi

Post by Synthtron »

Hmm good question. I have a TR-8 and my TB-3 is synced with it via MIDI no problems and I do not believe I had to set a thing on the TB-3.

I wonder, could it be a setting in the logic program or could it be a setting in your tb-3 I am not sure.

I know when my TR-8/TB-3 are connected to my hardware sequencer (MMT-8) they automatically slave to what ever tempo I set on the sequencer. Also nice that that old sequencer has a stop/start pedal input to use a pedal to start and stop the TR-8/TB-3.
Jonpigrem

Post by Jonpigrem »

Yeah! I am trying to work out the best way to incorporate the devices into my studio (outboard and vst running in logic.

I could just send the individual note data to the boxes via midi, but want to record the patterns I have programmed directly into the boxes for live performances. I just want to send a mmc start/play command so the patterns start when I press play in the daw, keeping them in sync with rest of the arrangement (both vst and other outboard).

It would be really handy to just send a start trigger from logic.

I can do this with my real 303 and my 606. Really surprised I can't find a way to do this with the new range.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I am thinking it must be a setting in Logic.

The TB-3 manual says that it automatically synchronizes to Midi clock through the MIDI IN or USB. If MIDI INs and USB are used simultaneously the USB takes priority.